Picón Bejes Treviso, is an Asturian blue Spanish cheese variety which hails from the Camaleño Valley in Brez, Spain ... The elderly local cheesemaker, Ricardo Besoy had given me this recipe ...
SERVES 4 :
4 FRESH SALMON STEAKS ( Alaskan, Canadian or Norwegian Salmon work )
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE ...
200g Picón Bejes Treviso blue cheese from D.O. Picón - Asturias or Gorgonzola or Roquefort ...
2 DL light cream
1 DL olive oil
salt and pepper
fresh lemon juice
1) wash the leeks and slice into rings and sauté in olive oil with cover on sartén.
2) cut off the rind on cheese chosen
3) Break the cheese into small pieces and place in a saucepan with the cream and melt down ... stirring continuely until all is melted for a few mins.
4) add the leeks and lightly boil and then add seasoning.
5) Wash salmon steaks and then season and grill to ur specific likeness.
6) SERVE WITH BLUE CHEESE SAUCE ON SIDE OF PLATE for dipping.
7) serve with a NAVARRA DO CHARDONNAY from JULIAN CHIVITE with a clear straw yellowish blonde consistency and possessing herbal perfume and honey with a persistant slight sweetness.
*** CHARDONNAY AS MOST WHITE WINES CUT FAT CONTENT OF CHEESES AND PROTEINS AND OLIVE OIL.