Have your country own version of this Finnish traditional recipe?
That is very simple recipe, but i heard that these are known only in Finland and somewhere in Russia. In Finland we eat this traditional with egg butter (only egg and butter mixed)
In Finland Recipe is kind of this(or i made it with this recipe)
2dl Cold water
And about 300g rye flour
1. Just mix those ingredients and then knead it so u get elastic dough
2. Then roll it and u get about 3-5cm wide pole and cut it like 17-20 same size piece.
3. Spread some flour on the table and take one piece and roll it oval form. (It must be thin)
Then u just make Rice Porridge(traditional Christmas food in Finland)
Simmering should be done very slowly, using the lowest heat possible. This yields the best result: A velvety smooth porridge which is neither thick or watery. It should be just pourable in consistency, not stiff or lumpy. (I Copy this recipe for one website, but because u put that porridge on your dough, u want this be little bit stiffier than normal.
150ml Short grain Rice
700ml Whole Milk
Use a special porridge saucepan or a saucepan with an extra thick bottom to prevent the porridge from burning on the bottom.
Bring water to the boil in the saucepan. Add the rice and cook, stirring, until water is wholly absorbed in it.
Add the milk and bring the mixture to the boil again, stirring frequently.
Lower the heat to minimum, cover the pan with lid and simmer for about 40 to 60 minutes, or until the rice and milk have thickened into a soft-textured, velvety smooth porridge. Stir every now and then to prevent the porridge from burning on the bottom or forming a skin on the surface. Season with a little salt, sugar and a pat of butter.
5. Heat your oven 275`c degrees
6. Add that Porridge on your dough little bit and now i cant explain how u need to wrinkle this dough but u can look to that picture and hope u make good pies. (These are very famous in Finland)
(Sorry if u dont understand, that is first recipe which i write in English and sorry that these font change!)