Chef Sergi Arola, a former disciple of Ferrán Adriá is a true rocker, businessman and has quite a few specialties of his own both in Spain and South America ... This simple dish is quite lovely ...
For Two ..,.
2 Boletus Button Ceps
2 Chanterelle Mushrooms
2 Milk Cap Mushrooms
2 Cow Tongue Mushrooms
5 grams of Black Trumphet Mushrooms
1 Quail Egg per person
2 Quail breasts
2 Quail thighs
2 cloves garlic
2 laurel bay leaves
1 fresh thyme sprig
1 fresh rosemary sprig
7 black peppercorns
30g Kikkoman Soy Sauce
30g vinegar Red wine
3 cloves of garlic minced
10g fresh chopped parsley
Extra virgin olive oil
1) clean the mushrooms and put them aside for grilling with olive oil, minced garlic and fresh chopped parsley
2) boil water with a few drops of vinegar, whisk the liquid and crack the eggs in to poach them
3) before removing the eggs, turn them in the water to prevent congealing
4) let them cool and set aside in a bit of olive oil in bowl
Sauce Method ...
5) saute the garlic with the shallots and herbs
6) then add the honey and let it caramelize
7) add the soy and the vinegar and let them reduce
8) once reduced, add the quail and saute to golden brown
Dip Method ...
9) crush the garlic and blanch it, mix in the parsley and olive oil
Serve with warm crusty bread and a Pinot Rosé Cava or Prosecco ( Veneto )
Place the quail egg on top of the mushrooms