The Kings´ Ring, a simple cake, called Roscon de Reyes, is prepared by all Spanish Bakeries, including Baker José Fernández´s Bakery Nuno´s in Goya Barrio ( neighborhood ) ... This is a true childrens´ delight, as there is a present inside the sponge ring ... For the children in all adults, have fun ... Though not my fave dessert, this is for The 3 Wise Men wishing you a Happy Holiday ...
*** see my new logo photo ... I love tomatoes however, I wanted something that was not a duplicate of another member´s blogging. Had quite a time with this new fangled netbook of mine.
*** Note: Photo - Arrow down
Ingredients ... Photo of 3 types: Chocolate, Traditional and Strawberry with Cream ...
2 bowls large
4 1/2 cups unbleached flour and sifted
3/4 cups of mixture water and milk of equal parts
6 tsps sugar
6 tsps butter
1 tsp water
1 tsp Brandy
1 egg white
Candied fruits, sprinkles, chocolate chips and dried fruits for decoration
2 Coins of choice and currency
1) Preheat 350 degrees farenheit
2) Mix flour and add pinch of salt in one of the bowls
3) In the 2nd bowl, mix the yeast, water with milk and add to flour mixture
4) Blend well to make a thick smooth batter that is a bit sticky
5) Grease baking sheet and line with parchment paper, this is optional for some
6) once the dough has risen and doubled, knead the dough again and roll into a sausage shape
7) Place the roll on greased sheet on baking sheet and connect the ends to form a ring
8) Sprinkle dried fruits and chocolate chips, sprinkles and / or dried cherries and toppings and bake until golden brown 35 mins or so
9) cool on window and hide 2 coins in baked dough
10) When cool it is customary to slice open in half the ring and place whipped cream and place the top back on ... Put in refrig to set should you select this option.
Edited by margcata - 12/17/11 at 7:43am