While I was travelling through Friuli, Italy I had this lovely light salad. I am sure most of us are a bit on the stuffed side and wish to go light ... What is light yet zippy with taste ?
Try this salad ... I use an Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lemon Vinaigrette or a touch Modena ...
Arugula, Pear & Asiago Cheese Salad, ( I substitute Pears for Ruby Red Grapefruit and / or Blood Oranges ) ...
8 Ounces loosely packed Arugula or lettuce of your choice ( I combine with Fennel, Endive and Radicchio )
3 tblsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil ( green not gold )
4 pears peeled, cored and sliced or Ruby Grapefruit and / or Blood Oranges without pith and without zest
3 tblsps walnuts
1) place the lettuces of choice on platter after having washed and trimmed ( and fennel )
2) drizzle extra virgin olive oil
3) season with salt and freshly grinded black pepper
4) toss to coat
5) add a bit of Modena or Fresh Lemon juice or vinegar of choice
6) toss again
7) top with the fruit of choice, then the Asiago cheese or Parmesano or Lucatelli Romano or Fiore Sardi if you cannot purchase Asiago ... and then the walnuts ...
A hot out of the oven loaf and a good glass of wine ... I would suggest a Riesling or a Chenin Blanc ...