post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 

Hi folks.  I am new here.  I grew up cooking in various restaurants and always loved cooking on the big steel griddle.  So recently I wanted one for my house.  I ended up buying an electric steel unit until I can afford to swap out my current oven for a 5 Star or something along those lines.


Anyhow, when I watch cooking shows I see the cooks sometimes place a stainless lid over the food toward the end to melt cheese for example or just to help the food cook a little faster with some water to create stea.  I want to buy one but don't know what they are called.  Anyone have a link to a supply store with the name of that lid?