Hi guys, I pot roasted a chicken last week and want to check my theory with you guys.
Is "Pot Roast" and "Braising" the same thing?
Any advice would be great, thanks!
This is how I pot roasted the chicken...
1. First I truss the chicken with string to hold together presentablity.
2. Then, I sealed off the chicken on all sides in a frying pan and placed it in a large casserole pot.
3. Fry the mirepoix vegetables until slightly brown and add to a casserole pot.
4. Add Chicken Stock, herbs, Tomatoes and Worcestershire Sauce to the casserole pot. Cover the casserole pot with a lid. Bring to a boil.
5. Now place the Casserole pot in the oven on a medium heat and cook for 2 hours until chicken is tender.
6. Once cooked remove chicken from the casserole pot and break down the chicken into legs/breasts etc.
7. Strain the vegetables, to gain tasty tomato sauce gravy.
8. Serve chicken with turned vegetables and tomato gravy.