Being asked for a restaurant recommendation, is always a sheer pleasure for me, and thus, I am going to post a quick few in The U.S.A. that I have been to within the last 2 to 3 years ... ( I am working on the Northwestern European version and a Caribbean - Mexico and South American ).
1) Great Falls, Virginia: L´Auberge Chez Francois
This country French farmhosue is a superb formula for a special occasion.
2) Newport, Rhode Island: Castle Inn
Perched on top of a rocky promontory, the property of the restaurant and hotel spans eight acres overlooking the Atlantic. The sunsets, a walk along the beach, winter, spring, summer or autumn ... and the cuisine provide a lovely time.
3) Rancho Santa Fe, California: Rancho Valencia Hotel & Restaurant
Located in northern San Diego, set admist 40 acres of stunner typography, this is an awesome place to spend a weekend and / or to go for dinner or lunch.
4) Washington D.C.: Restaurant Komi
5) Portland, Oregon: Le Pigeon
6) Seattle, Washington: Crémant
7) San Francisco, California: Canteen
8) Manhattan ( N.Y.C.) : Little Owl ( cosy lovely spot and reasonable prices )
9) Chapel Hill, North Carolina: Bonne Soirée
10) Chicago: Scylla ( named after the Greek Sea Monster )
11) Atlanta, Georgia: Restaurant Repast
12) Miami Beach: Tiramisu