Terrific paella JP! Man, you get fresh fish there. Envy.
@Cerise: right. Noodles paella = fideuá. Never did one.
This a screen capture of the next video. You can see a lot of paellas. Upo to down:
1. Valencian paella (chicken, rabbit, sometimes duck, sneils)
2. Vegetables paella.
3. Cauliflouer paella.
4. Cod and tender garlic.
5. Lima beans paella.
6. Fideuá de Gandia (the city where fdeuá is said to be originated, 40 miles South of Valencia).
1. When you make Asian fired rice you wash the rice to get rid of the superficial starch and don't touch it in the pot.
2. When you make a risotto, you don't wash the rice and stirr the rice and broth permanently to get to most of the starch.
3. When you make a paella, you don't wash the rice and you don't touch it until done.
4. When you make biryani, you wash the rice, pre-cook it and don't touch it in the pot.
I have not a conclusion about the meaning of that, but there it is.