I actually heard that this was really tasteful and healthy.
- topicSaladstagged by System, 3/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- What's your favorite salad? Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:06pm in Food & Cooking
- Trying To Figure Out The Right Proportioning Of Zippy’s Mac Salad Recipe Last post on 9/26/14 at 8:24pm in Recipes
- Dandelion Greens Last post on 1/3/15 at 6:04am in Food & Cooking
- salad spinners that have enough clearance so the basket is not in the water!?! Last post on 10/8/15 at 1:49pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Salad for Dinner Last post on 4/1/11 at 6:14am in Food & Cooking
Quest for Zippy Mac Salad Recipe via kaneohegirlinaz
Last edited: 4/3/12
- Making Salads With Gourmet LettuceLast edited: 2/16/10
I graduated from Le Cordon Bleu Portland back when it was Western Culinary Institute. For me it was a great experience. I was in the first ever Baking and Patisserie Course. We had experienced...
So glad I went here. I don't think I could have gotten a higher quality experiences any other place. The teachers are passionate and extremely talented. It is a community college so it's very...
Works perfectly as intended. Do not buy this for chefs ninja stars, it doesnt work at all. It does handle high heat however as it landed in a fryer
Honestly for something to measure oven temps shouldnt shatter like mine have, but for the price what can i expect. Perfectly accurate, place in a steel steam table pan to prevent glass from going...
It's much more than a collection of recipes. In this book Kenji explains cooking techniques and the science behind them. Also ingredients and how to find them, how to use them. For many...
- Making Salads With Gourmet Lettuce
Salad Dressing Ideas - Page 2
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
guess while i'm on a runaway train here i may as well tell you that ketchup is crap in salad dressing...only in cocktail sauces is it even thinkably acceptable for me ... the 'heinz' variety is so overloaded with high frustose corn syrup, it's like mainlining sugar...as far as guava jam or paste goes...it is uber, uber loaded with sugar as well.....it is sugar actually with a little bit of guava.. .....find something else to use if your husband is diabetic, like perhaps a mirin rice wine seasoned vinegar, or real fruit smashed up or pureed(strawberries and raspberries are great)...but on a final note...when given a choice, always leave the garlic in.....
this is what happens when i'm not wearing my dazzle dust?
forgot to mention to chech your health food store for ketchup without fructose corn syrup, which to me is an evil plot...hain's makes one as well as annie's i think. it may be worth a look see around to see what they have to offer...even jams and jellies unsugared.
Edited by durangojo - 3/28/12 at 7:02am
here's a nice little dressing k girl you may want to give a try...no mayo, no sugar, no ketchup..it's my little black dress of dressings.....
1 c tahini
1/2 c water
1 c oil
1/4 c cider vinegar
6 tbl tamari
4 tbl honey
5 or so minced garlic cloves
5 tbl fresh lemon juice
opt: toasted sesame seeds
process in fp til smooth...you can use less water and use this as a dip with warm pita
My sista’ Joey, that sounds like that would be an awesome dip for veggies!!
We’ll try it! (no mayo for my mister, yeah)
I’ve been looking at on older cookbook of mine and here’s some dressing recipes that mightbe of interest, different...
¼ C wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp chutney
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp coarse mustard
1/3 – ½ C vegetable oil
S&P to taste
Process in a blender to combine. Bring dressing to room temp before serving
2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic
½ C Parsley
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ C cider or wine vinegar
¾ C Vegetable oil
In food processor, mince ginger and garlic; add remaining ingredients and blend well
Pineapple Lemon Mint Dressing
2/3 C Vegetable oil
1/3 C Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1 tsp Lemon zest, grated
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1-2 tsp fresh chopped Mint
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp dry Mustard
Place all ingredients in a jar & shake well
Steep some whole star anise, allspice, cardamom and black peppercorns in cider vinegar for a couple of months.
Add some fresh garlic and some bottled hot cherry peppers (about the same volume of cherry peppers as spiced vinegar). Add some veg oil (I used soybean oil) and prepared mustard. Blend. Mmmm
Edited by OregonYeti - 1/18/15 at 6:12pm
- Salad Dressing Ideas
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- › Kai Shun Tim Malzer 9.5" arrival.... what to expect? 7 minutes ago
- › Knife Set recommendation 14 minutes ago
- › Displaying Macarons in shop 34 minutes ago
- › Difficult, but promising situation. Family Restaurant. 40 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have a cake or muffin recipe using a jar of sweet... 52 minutes ago
- › Am I using yeast correctly? Please help! 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Unexpected present - All-clad 12 inch skillet 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Sharpening Angles 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › thanksgiving day menu/dishes? 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Japanese Knife Imports (.com) 4 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by emilycooksretro
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by rpmiller
- › #22 *TWO PACK* Replacement Knife Blade for Meat Grinder. Hobart,... by Markrmoore2
- › Rubbermaid Commercial FGTHO550 Stainless Steel Oven Monitoring... by Markrmoore2
- › The Food Lab: Better Home Cooking Through Science by MillionsKnives
- › Le Cordon Bleu Mexico by Maria1233
- › The International Culinary Center - New York by Chef-Nicholas
- › Professional Cooking by motty
- › Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie by FollowUrHeart
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Cocktail Party Food-Crab Cheesecake
- › Nothing Says the Holidays Like a Champagne...
- › The Red Stag Manhhattan
- › Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Dried...
- › Cranberry Old Fashioned
- › Holiday Sangria
- › Turkey and Sweet Potato Hash-Thanksgiving...
- › Spicy Sweet Potato Gratin
- › Roasted Beets with Garlic and Onions
- › Pumpking Cranberry Coffeecake