I actually heard that this was really tasteful and healthy.
- topicSaladstagged by System, 3/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Trying To Figure Out The Right Proportioning Of Zippy’s Mac Salad Recipe Last post on 10/25/12 at 9:41am in Recipes
- Dandelion Greens Last post on 4/1/11 at 11:22am in Food & Cooking
- salad spinners that have enough clearance so the basket is not in the water!?! Last post on 4/23/11 at 7:27am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Salad for Dinner Last post on 4/1/11 at 6:14am in Food & Cooking
- Greeκ recipes for the most known dishes Last post on 9/19/10 at 2:13pm in Recipes
Quest for Zippy Mac Salad Recipe via kaneohegirlinaz
Last edited: 4/3/12
- Making Salads With Gourmet LettuceLast edited: 2/16/10
You may wonder why I would title my book review “Mastering what you love to eat.” However in Patricia Wells’ latest book, The French Kitchen Cookbook, Recipes and Lessons from Paris and Provence,...
My wife and I are big yogurt eaters, and for years we've purchased store bought yogurt, but, this year, for Christmas I purchased a Donvier Yogurt Maker for my wife and we haven't purchased store...
DK seems to have done it again. They have produced a truly wonderful cookbook. Cooking Season by Season, 1000 recipes to cook through the year by DK has become my current favorite go-to cookbook. ...
It is safe to say that I am the only one in my extended family that cooks wild game. If I expand that I believe I have only one friend that cooks wild game, and she doesn’t do it on a regular...
I bought this sharpener about a month ago at Costo. I had wanted a diamond grinder for a while to bring back some older knives I had. For that it is superb. It will give a very dull knife an...
- Making Salads With Gourmet Lettuce
Salad Dressing Ideas - Page 2
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
guess while i'm on a runaway train here i may as well tell you that ketchup is crap in salad dressing...only in cocktail sauces is it even thinkably acceptable for me ... the 'heinz' variety is so overloaded with high frustose corn syrup, it's like mainlining sugar...as far as guava jam or paste goes...it is uber, uber loaded with sugar as well.....it is sugar actually with a little bit of guava.. .....find something else to use if your husband is diabetic, like perhaps a mirin rice wine seasoned vinegar, or real fruit smashed up or pureed(strawberries and raspberries are great)...but on a final note...when given a choice, always leave the garlic in.....
this is what happens when i'm not wearing my dazzle dust?
forgot to mention to chech your health food store for ketchup without fructose corn syrup, which to me is an evil plot...hain's makes one as well as annie's i think. it may be worth a look see around to see what they have to offer...even jams and jellies unsugared.
Edited by durangojo - 3/28/12 at 7:02am
here's a nice little dressing k girl you may want to give a try...no mayo, no sugar, no ketchup..it's my little black dress of dressings.....
1 c tahini
1/2 c water
1 c oil
1/4 c cider vinegar
6 tbl tamari
4 tbl honey
5 or so minced garlic cloves
5 tbl fresh lemon juice
opt: toasted sesame seeds
process in fp til smooth...you can use less water and use this as a dip with warm pita
My sista’ Joey, that sounds like that would be an awesome dip for veggies!!
We’ll try it! (no mayo for my mister, yeah)
I’ve been looking at on older cookbook of mine and here’s some dressing recipes that mightbe of interest, different...
¼ C wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp chutney
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp coarse mustard
1/3 – ½ C vegetable oil
S&P to taste
Process in a blender to combine. Bring dressing to room temp before serving
2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic
½ C Parsley
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ C cider or wine vinegar
¾ C Vegetable oil
In food processor, mince ginger and garlic; add remaining ingredients and blend well
Pineapple Lemon Mint Dressing
2/3 C Vegetable oil
1/3 C Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1 tsp Lemon zest, grated
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1-2 tsp fresh chopped Mint
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp dry Mustard
Place all ingredients in a jar & shake well
- Salad Dressing Ideas
- › Essential Books for Culinary Students 55 minutes ago
- › Help! Need advice on corned beef and cabbage 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › What Did You Have For Dessert? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › MAC Pro vs Masamoto VG and Kakayagi VG-10 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › How do you boil water? 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to these days? 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Gumbo 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Trying not to b!thc-slap my fellow students. 3 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Food Costs 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Shrimp and Grits. 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › The French Kitchen Cookbook: Recipes and Lessons from Paris and... by Cami
- › Cuisipro Donvier Electronic Yogurt Maker by Pete
- › Cooking Season by Season by Cami
- › The Venison Cookbook: Venison Dishes from Fast to Fancy by Cami
- › Chef's Choice 320 Diamond Hone Knife Sharpener by DrLogik
- › The Holiday Kosher Baker: Traditional & Contemporary Holiday... by Cami
- › Furi Ozitech Diamond Fingers Pro Knife Sharpener by nastia
- › Ivan Ramen: Love, Obsession, and Recipes from Tokyo's Most... by Jim Berman
- › Eat Ink: Recipes. Stories. Tattoos. by Jim Berman
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by kokopuffs
- › Making Creme Brulee by Pete
- › Embed That Thread! by Nicko
- › Best Practices in Tagging by Nicko
- › Finding Comfort Between Two Slices of Bread by Jim Berman
- › Barbecue, Macarons, Pizza & Burgers by Jim Berman
- › Perfect for a cold winter's day: Mexican... by ChefMannyDLM
- › How To Make Pheasant Stock by Nicko
- › How to smoke ham hocks by Nicko
- › Why I Cook: A Chef's Manifesto by ChefMannyDLM
- › A Simple How-To Guide to Making Risotto by Nicko