I actually heard that this was really tasteful and healthy.
- topicSaladstagged by System, 3/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Trying To Figure Out The Right Proportioning Of Zippy’s Mac Salad Recipe Last post on 10/25/12 at 9:41am in Recipes
- Dandelion Greens Last post on 4/1/11 at 11:22am in Food & Cooking
- salad spinners that have enough clearance so the basket is not in the water!?! Last post on 4/23/11 at 7:27am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Salad for Dinner Last post on 4/1/11 at 6:14am in Food & Cooking
- Greeκ recipes for the most known dishes Last post on 9/19/10 at 2:13pm in Recipes
Quest for Zippy Mac Salad Recipe via kaneohegirlinaz
Last edited: 4/3/12
- Making Salads With Gourmet LettuceLast edited: 2/16/10
When I was just embarking on my culinary career I spent a good amount of time working in New Orleans. To this day I still have a fondness for the Cajun and Creole foods I discovered while living...
We use this book for all 6 quarters of the Pastry and Baking program at my school. This book covers the basics from how to use a balance scale and measure out your ingredients all the way to sugar...
This was one of the most fun cookbooks I’ve read in a while. Donna Hay has created a cookbook that will certainly bring a new perspective to your cooking. She advocates the use of fresh,...
Hi I went to the Ferrandi pastry-course last June. The course was exceptionally expensive and it was a real disappointment. The teacher spoke poor English and maybe because of this there was not a...
Review body? I already said it. Viking has good balance, heats up fast and even, cleans up easily, seven layered construction. I got a few non-stick, but would never buy another.
- Making Salads With Gourmet Lettuce
Salad Dressing Ideas - Page 2
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
guess while i'm on a runaway train here i may as well tell you that ketchup is crap in salad dressing...only in cocktail sauces is it even thinkably acceptable for me ... the 'heinz' variety is so overloaded with high frustose corn syrup, it's like mainlining sugar...as far as guava jam or paste goes...it is uber, uber loaded with sugar as well.....it is sugar actually with a little bit of guava.. .....find something else to use if your husband is diabetic, like perhaps a mirin rice wine seasoned vinegar, or real fruit smashed up or pureed(strawberries and raspberries are great)...but on a final note...when given a choice, always leave the garlic in.....
this is what happens when i'm not wearing my dazzle dust?
forgot to mention to chech your health food store for ketchup without fructose corn syrup, which to me is an evil plot...hain's makes one as well as annie's i think. it may be worth a look see around to see what they have to offer...even jams and jellies unsugared.
Edited by durangojo - 3/28/12 at 7:02am
here's a nice little dressing k girl you may want to give a try...no mayo, no sugar, no ketchup..it's my little black dress of dressings.....
1 c tahini
1/2 c water
1 c oil
1/4 c cider vinegar
6 tbl tamari
4 tbl honey
5 or so minced garlic cloves
5 tbl fresh lemon juice
opt: toasted sesame seeds
process in fp til smooth...you can use less water and use this as a dip with warm pita
My sista’ Joey, that sounds like that would be an awesome dip for veggies!!
We’ll try it! (no mayo for my mister, yeah)
I’ve been looking at on older cookbook of mine and here’s some dressing recipes that mightbe of interest, different...
¼ C wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp chutney
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp coarse mustard
1/3 – ½ C vegetable oil
S&P to taste
Process in a blender to combine. Bring dressing to room temp before serving
2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic
½ C Parsley
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ C cider or wine vinegar
¾ C Vegetable oil
In food processor, mince ginger and garlic; add remaining ingredients and blend well
Pineapple Lemon Mint Dressing
2/3 C Vegetable oil
1/3 C Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1 tsp Lemon zest, grated
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1-2 tsp fresh chopped Mint
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp dry Mustard
Place all ingredients in a jar & shake well
- Salad Dressing Ideas
- › Another Untrained Home Cook Thread... 32 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 53 minutes ago
- › Chef, Santoku, Utility, And Pairing Knives for Untrained Home Cook... 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › What Surface To Use When Working With Flour? 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Low-Cost Commercial Kitchens For Rent in Los Angeles Area? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › What can you handle and how am I doing? 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Lasagna al Forno 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Help 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › catchy bakery name is needed 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Gelatin leaves 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes by Pete
- › Professional Baking by Naturesbliss
- › Fresh and Light by Cami
- › Ferrandi Paris - The French School of Culinary Arts by pastelle
- › Viking VSC0508 8 Inch Stainless Steel Fry Pan by santoku runner
- › Vita-Mix 1700 Turbo Blend 4500 Countertop Blender with 2+ HP Motor by Roadturn
- › Family Cookbook by Cami
- › New Orleans Classic Cocktails (Classics) by Pete
- › Mountainland Applied Technology College - Culinary Arts by Chef Weller
- › Step-by-Step Cake Decorating by Cami
- › The Dogs of War
- › Boost Your Healthy By Bean Sprouts and...
- › A Shiny Spot in a Grimy Industry
- › Work the line. Or not.
- › Romesco Sauce - Making Bell Peppers Shine
- › Kitchen Facts & Fictional Living: Feeding...
- › On Fad Diets
- › Fried Rice
- › Fried Saimin or Noodles
- › Kitchen Facts & Fictional Living: Feeding...