I actually heard that this was really tasteful and healthy.
- topicSaladstagged by System, 3/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- What's your favorite salad? Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:06pm in Food & Cooking
- Trying To Figure Out The Right Proportioning Of Zippy’s Mac Salad Recipe Last post on 9/26/14 at 8:24pm in Recipes
- Dandelion Greens Last post on 1/3/15 at 6:04am in Food & Cooking
- salad spinners that have enough clearance so the basket is not in the water!?! Last post on 4/23/11 at 7:27am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Salad for Dinner Last post on 4/1/11 at 6:14am in Food & Cooking
Quest for Zippy Mac Salad Recipe via kaneohegirlinaz
Last edited: 4/3/12
- Making Salads With Gourmet LettuceLast edited: 2/16/10
For a person who was too busy to cook and ate only at fast foods...it was worth the effort to really appreciate food and cooking by enrolling in the Le Cordon Bleu and graduating in 1982. I...
Overall i love what this school has done for me and my 10 years working in professional kitchens, i am now a chef and am so greatful for everything that has lead up to this point.
Gisslen's book was my first "serious" cookbook. It has since become my bible. Each chapter is split into theory and recipes. The theory reviews how the particular type of food, whether, meats,...
I recently completed this program on Aug 2015. To wrap up my experience in ENSP, here is my personal comments with regards to the Summer Pastry Program! The question is.. Would I recommend...
The International culinary school at the Art Institute of San Francisco is an expensive for profit culinary school. I am a current student in his last quarter and about to graduate with an...
- Making Salads With Gourmet Lettuce
Salad Dressing Ideas - Page 2
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
guess while i'm on a runaway train here i may as well tell you that ketchup is crap in salad dressing...only in cocktail sauces is it even thinkably acceptable for me ... the 'heinz' variety is so overloaded with high frustose corn syrup, it's like mainlining sugar...as far as guava jam or paste goes...it is uber, uber loaded with sugar as well.....it is sugar actually with a little bit of guava.. .....find something else to use if your husband is diabetic, like perhaps a mirin rice wine seasoned vinegar, or real fruit smashed up or pureed(strawberries and raspberries are great)...but on a final note...when given a choice, always leave the garlic in.....
this is what happens when i'm not wearing my dazzle dust?
forgot to mention to chech your health food store for ketchup without fructose corn syrup, which to me is an evil plot...hain's makes one as well as annie's i think. it may be worth a look see around to see what they have to offer...even jams and jellies unsugared.
Edited by durangojo - 3/28/12 at 7:02am
here's a nice little dressing k girl you may want to give a try...no mayo, no sugar, no ketchup..it's my little black dress of dressings.....
1 c tahini
1/2 c water
1 c oil
1/4 c cider vinegar
6 tbl tamari
4 tbl honey
5 or so minced garlic cloves
5 tbl fresh lemon juice
opt: toasted sesame seeds
process in fp til smooth...you can use less water and use this as a dip with warm pita
My sista’ Joey, that sounds like that would be an awesome dip for veggies!!
We’ll try it! (no mayo for my mister, yeah)
I’ve been looking at on older cookbook of mine and here’s some dressing recipes that mightbe of interest, different...
¼ C wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp chutney
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp coarse mustard
1/3 – ½ C vegetable oil
S&P to taste
Process in a blender to combine. Bring dressing to room temp before serving
2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic
½ C Parsley
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ C cider or wine vinegar
¾ C Vegetable oil
In food processor, mince ginger and garlic; add remaining ingredients and blend well
Pineapple Lemon Mint Dressing
2/3 C Vegetable oil
1/3 C Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1 tsp Lemon zest, grated
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1-2 tsp fresh chopped Mint
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp dry Mustard
Place all ingredients in a jar & shake well
Steep some whole star anise, allspice, cardamom and black peppercorns in cider vinegar for a couple of months.
Add some fresh garlic and some bottled hot cherry peppers (about the same volume of cherry peppers as spiced vinegar). Add some veg oil (I used soybean oil) and prepared mustard. Blend. Mmmm
Edited by OregonYeti - 1/18/15 at 6:12pm
- Salad Dressing Ideas
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- › Should clams open when cooked? 36 seconds ago
- › What's the secret to getting smooth, velvety congee? 29 minutes ago
- › The October 2015 Chellange is . . . . PIE 32 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 33 minutes ago
- › Prevent pineapple from watering down pizza? 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Royal Icing on Buttercream 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Halloween treats 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › What do the kitchen mean? 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Career Change- Certified Dietary Manager 2 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Need advice on Red seal exam 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by karenlhall
- › The International Culinary Center - New York by Chef-Nicholas
- › Professional Cooking by motty
- › Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Pâtisserie by FollowUrHeart
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Top Ten Cooking Myths
- › Why Do You Cook?
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...