I actually heard that this was really tasteful and healthy.
- topicSaladstagged by System, 3/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- What's your favorite salad? Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:06pm in Food & Cooking
- Trying To Figure Out The Right Proportioning Of Zippy’s Mac Salad Recipe Last post on 9/26/14 at 8:24pm in Recipes
- Dandelion Greens Last post on 1/3/15 at 6:04am in Food & Cooking
- salad spinners that have enough clearance so the basket is not in the water!?! Last post on 4/23/11 at 7:27am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Salad for Dinner Last post on 4/1/11 at 6:14am in Food & Cooking
Quest for Zippy Mac Salad Recipe via kaneohegirlinaz
Last edited: 4/3/12
- Making Salads With Gourmet LettuceLast edited: 2/16/10
The International culinary school at the Art Institute of San Francisco is an expensive for profit culinary school. I am a current student in his last quarter and about to graduate with an...
I am a career changer, which can be hard for any and almost everyone. As a graduate of Le Cordon Bleu, I can honestly say that they helped me with a smooth transition and actually cared if I...
A great school to go to if you are serious about becoming something more than a line cook in your life. Only approached by the strong of heart cause they take good cooks and turn them into...
If you take a trip to your local outdoor or sporting goods store, you will find a plethora of portable grills, but every once in a while, a design comes along that makes you say, “Why didn’t I...
I find HRC as a perfect match for someone looking for Culinary study in europe at a LOW COST
- Making Salads With Gourmet Lettuce
Salad Dressing Ideas - Page 2
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
guess while i'm on a runaway train here i may as well tell you that ketchup is crap in salad dressing...only in cocktail sauces is it even thinkably acceptable for me ... the 'heinz' variety is so overloaded with high frustose corn syrup, it's like mainlining sugar...as far as guava jam or paste goes...it is uber, uber loaded with sugar as well.....it is sugar actually with a little bit of guava.. .....find something else to use if your husband is diabetic, like perhaps a mirin rice wine seasoned vinegar, or real fruit smashed up or pureed(strawberries and raspberries are great)...but on a final note...when given a choice, always leave the garlic in.....
this is what happens when i'm not wearing my dazzle dust?
forgot to mention to chech your health food store for ketchup without fructose corn syrup, which to me is an evil plot...hain's makes one as well as annie's i think. it may be worth a look see around to see what they have to offer...even jams and jellies unsugared.
Edited by durangojo - 3/28/12 at 7:02am
here's a nice little dressing k girl you may want to give a try...no mayo, no sugar, no ketchup..it's my little black dress of dressings.....
1 c tahini
1/2 c water
1 c oil
1/4 c cider vinegar
6 tbl tamari
4 tbl honey
5 or so minced garlic cloves
5 tbl fresh lemon juice
opt: toasted sesame seeds
process in fp til smooth...you can use less water and use this as a dip with warm pita
My sista’ Joey, that sounds like that would be an awesome dip for veggies!!
We’ll try it! (no mayo for my mister, yeah)
I’ve been looking at on older cookbook of mine and here’s some dressing recipes that mightbe of interest, different...
¼ C wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp chutney
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp coarse mustard
1/3 – ½ C vegetable oil
S&P to taste
Process in a blender to combine. Bring dressing to room temp before serving
2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic
½ C Parsley
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ C cider or wine vinegar
¾ C Vegetable oil
In food processor, mince ginger and garlic; add remaining ingredients and blend well
Pineapple Lemon Mint Dressing
2/3 C Vegetable oil
1/3 C Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1 tsp Lemon zest, grated
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1-2 tsp fresh chopped Mint
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp dry Mustard
Place all ingredients in a jar & shake well
Steep some whole star anise, allspice, cardamom and black peppercorns in cider vinegar for a couple of months.
Add some fresh garlic and some bottled hot cherry peppers (about the same volume of cherry peppers as spiced vinegar). Add some veg oil (I used soybean oil) and prepared mustard. Blend. Mmmm
Edited by OregonYeti - 1/18/15 at 6:12pm
- Salad Dressing Ideas
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- › Catering job and pricing 17 minutes ago
- › What has happened to the FDA??? 55 minutes ago
- › Chef shortages ??? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for a company 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › First gyuto, but keywords: low price, europe, learn to sharpen 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Advice for Food Service in an Art Gallery 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Would cheese go well with roasted peppers and eggplant? 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › Cruise Ship Kitchen (video) 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › August 2015 Challenge - Eggplant 4 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Knife Sharpening ... what am I doing wrong 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › The Art Institute of California - San Francisco by stevenvhayden
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by flacook
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by MichaelJKane
- › Pop Up Grill Barbecue portable télescopique 280 mm by Pete
- › HRC Culinary Academy, Bulgaria by konvict
- › Escoffier Online International Culinary Academy by Anthony Eugenio
- › Chinese Garnishes / Adornos Chinos: With Platter Arrangements / Con... by MillionsKnives
- › Mercer Cutlery Genesis 8-Inch Chef's Knife by harrisonh
- › Umami: The Fifth Taste by ChefTorres87
- › J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College by the1culinarykid
- › Pineapple How To
- › Family Meal: Feeding the Crew on the Cheap
- › Restaurant Menus: The chorus of the kitchen
- › Kitchen Technology: Internet of Things is Not...
- › Managing the Management: How Cooks Can Cope
- › True Cooks
- › What does Shake Shack's ChickenStack...
- › On the Road with Dega Catering and the Dave...
- › Fourth of July: What Would George Eat?
- › How to add a culinary school to ChefTalk.com