I actually heard that this was really tasteful and healthy.
- topicSaladstagged by System, 3/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- What's your favorite salad? Last post on 10/16/14 at 1:06pm in Food & Cooking
- Trying To Figure Out The Right Proportioning Of Zippy’s Mac Salad Recipe Last post on 9/26/14 at 8:24pm in Recipes
- Dandelion Greens Last post on 1/3/15 at 6:04am in Food & Cooking
- salad spinners that have enough clearance so the basket is not in the water!?! Last post on 10/8/15 at 1:49pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Salad for Dinner Last post on 4/1/11 at 6:14am in Food & Cooking
Quest for Zippy Mac Salad Recipe via kaneohegirlinaz
Last edited: 1/6/16
- Making Salads With Gourmet LettuceLast edited: 2/16/10
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
I have to say it never occurred to me that such a unit would exist until I was working at one of my companies events and they had a catered breakfast in which the caterers would cook omelets to...
WARNING!!! Want to lose your money? Welcome to Italian Chef Academy! If you read this message before choose the school,please close their website and forget you've ever seen it - I wish somebody...
by 11 dollars, i can enjoy the wine better I really like drinking the wine but i don’t like the wine really cold, so I don't like to store it in the refrigerator. When I received the wine...
the probe features big digits on a LCD screen and has simple buttons as well as a long tip. I love how fast it reads the temperature! It definitely takes 5 seconds or less consistently. I've used...
- Making Salads With Gourmet Lettuce
Salad Dressing Ideas - Page 2
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
guess while i'm on a runaway train here i may as well tell you that ketchup is crap in salad dressing...only in cocktail sauces is it even thinkably acceptable for me ... the 'heinz' variety is so overloaded with high frustose corn syrup, it's like mainlining sugar...as far as guava jam or paste goes...it is uber, uber loaded with sugar as well.....it is sugar actually with a little bit of guava.. .....find something else to use if your husband is diabetic, like perhaps a mirin rice wine seasoned vinegar, or real fruit smashed up or pureed(strawberries and raspberries are great)...but on a final note...when given a choice, always leave the garlic in.....
this is what happens when i'm not wearing my dazzle dust?
forgot to mention to chech your health food store for ketchup without fructose corn syrup, which to me is an evil plot...hain's makes one as well as annie's i think. it may be worth a look see around to see what they have to offer...even jams and jellies unsugared.
Edited by durangojo - 3/28/12 at 7:02am
here's a nice little dressing k girl you may want to give a try...no mayo, no sugar, no ketchup..it's my little black dress of dressings.....
1 c tahini
1/2 c water
1 c oil
1/4 c cider vinegar
6 tbl tamari
4 tbl honey
5 or so minced garlic cloves
5 tbl fresh lemon juice
opt: toasted sesame seeds
process in fp til smooth...you can use less water and use this as a dip with warm pita
My sista’ Joey, that sounds like that would be an awesome dip for veggies!!
We’ll try it! (no mayo for my mister, yeah)
I’ve been looking at on older cookbook of mine and here’s some dressing recipes that mightbe of interest, different...
¼ C wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp chutney
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp coarse mustard
1/3 – ½ C vegetable oil
S&P to taste
Process in a blender to combine. Bring dressing to room temp before serving
2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic
½ C Parsley
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ C cider or wine vinegar
¾ C Vegetable oil
In food processor, mince ginger and garlic; add remaining ingredients and blend well
Pineapple Lemon Mint Dressing
2/3 C Vegetable oil
1/3 C Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1 tsp Lemon zest, grated
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1-2 tsp fresh chopped Mint
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp dry Mustard
Place all ingredients in a jar & shake well
Steep some whole star anise, allspice, cardamom and black peppercorns in cider vinegar for a couple of months.
Add some fresh garlic and some bottled hot cherry peppers (about the same volume of cherry peppers as spiced vinegar). Add some veg oil (I used soybean oil) and prepared mustard. Blend. Mmmm
Edited by OregonYeti - 1/18/15 at 6:12pm
- Salad Dressing Ideas
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- › Pork Shank (knuckle) sous vide. 14 minutes ago
- › July 2016 Cooking Challenge - On the grill 22 minutes ago
- › Which Japanese chefs knive? 39 minutes ago
- › Cutting Directly on Baking Sheets 51 minutes ago
- › Spaghetti carbonara always scrambles when I add the eggs. 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Hi everybody 3 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Herb Identification 4 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › RUSH 5 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › What are you listening to these days? 8 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 8 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked
- › Professional Baking by Daniel Benitez
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by backtobasics2
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by nikimouse311
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561