I actually heard that this was really tasteful and healthy.
- topicSaladstagged by System, 3/27/12
Related Forum Threads
- Trying To Figure Out The Right Proportioning Of Zippy’s Mac Salad Recipe Last post on 10/25/12 at 9:41am in Recipes
- Dandelion Greens Last post on 4/1/11 at 11:22am in Food & Cooking
- salad spinners that have enough clearance so the basket is not in the water!?! Last post on 4/23/11 at 7:27am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Salad for Dinner Last post on 4/1/11 at 6:14am in Food & Cooking
- Greeκ recipes for the most known dishes Last post on 9/19/10 at 2:13pm in Recipes
Quest for Zippy Mac Salad Recipe via kaneohegirlinaz
Last edited: 4/3/12
- Making Salads With Gourmet LettuceLast edited: 2/16/10
Keep an eye out for discounts, I purchased two of these units and one of the two I was able to score a coupon code for a $50.00 discount! Sous Vide gear has been consistently coming down in...
The best recipes to prepare at home are not always those found on the latest cooking program or come from trying to replicate the goodness found at the hottest restaurant. Some recipes may even be...
I graduated in 1984 when tuition was about $8000 per year, expensive at the time. Back then there were fewer culinary programs around the country than there are now. CIA was considered the Harvard...
First I should say that I went here in 2010 and dropped out in 2013. I fell in love with Japanese Cuisine and after staging at a Japanese restaurant for free for one day, I learned everything I...
I am a culinary student and this was my first knife I ever had. I loved the way the handle was shaped and loved the weight I felt in my hand. The blade stays sharp and is a great length. After just...
- Making Salads With Gourmet Lettuce
Salad Dressing Ideas - Page 2
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
guess while i'm on a runaway train here i may as well tell you that ketchup is crap in salad dressing...only in cocktail sauces is it even thinkably acceptable for me ... the 'heinz' variety is so overloaded with high frustose corn syrup, it's like mainlining sugar...as far as guava jam or paste goes...it is uber, uber loaded with sugar as well.....it is sugar actually with a little bit of guava.. .....find something else to use if your husband is diabetic, like perhaps a mirin rice wine seasoned vinegar, or real fruit smashed up or pureed(strawberries and raspberries are great)...but on a final note...when given a choice, always leave the garlic in.....
this is what happens when i'm not wearing my dazzle dust?
forgot to mention to chech your health food store for ketchup without fructose corn syrup, which to me is an evil plot...hain's makes one as well as annie's i think. it may be worth a look see around to see what they have to offer...even jams and jellies unsugared.
Edited by durangojo - 3/28/12 at 7:02am
here's a nice little dressing k girl you may want to give a try...no mayo, no sugar, no ketchup..it's my little black dress of dressings.....
1 c tahini
1/2 c water
1 c oil
1/4 c cider vinegar
6 tbl tamari
4 tbl honey
5 or so minced garlic cloves
5 tbl fresh lemon juice
opt: toasted sesame seeds
process in fp til smooth...you can use less water and use this as a dip with warm pita
My sista’ Joey, that sounds like that would be an awesome dip for veggies!!
We’ll try it! (no mayo for my mister, yeah)
I’ve been looking at on older cookbook of mine and here’s some dressing recipes that mightbe of interest, different...
¼ C wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp chutney
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp coarse mustard
1/3 – ½ C vegetable oil
S&P to taste
Process in a blender to combine. Bring dressing to room temp before serving
2inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
3 cloves garlic
½ C Parsley
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp honey
1 ½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¼ C cider or wine vinegar
¾ C Vegetable oil
In food processor, mince ginger and garlic; add remaining ingredients and blend well
Pineapple Lemon Mint Dressing
2/3 C Vegetable oil
1/3 C Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
1 tsp Lemon zest, grated
2 tbsp Lemon juice
1-2 tsp fresh chopped Mint
¾ tsp Salt
½ tsp dry Mustard
Place all ingredients in a jar & shake well
- Salad Dressing Ideas
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
- › Advanced sharpening and polishing techniques 7 minutes ago
- › About cold soups.. 39 minutes ago
- › Food Surplus from Catering Events: how much food is left over, and... 1 hour ago
- › September 2014 Challenge - Rice 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Homemade Chicken Tenders-slow cooker? 2 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › Commercial Kitchen for lease in Charleston, SC 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › So, What are You Fermenting??? 3 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › What are you smoking this summer? 4 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 4 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Is boar_d_laze still frequenting this site? 5 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by eastshores
- › Polish Classic Recipes (Classics Series) by Jim Berman
- › Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI by chefwriter
- › The Art Institute of California - Hollywood by ChefTorres87
- › J.A. Henckels International Forged Synergy 8-Inch Chef's Knife by 13krama
- › The Complete Guide to Northern Gulf Seafood by Pete
- › MAC MTH-80 8" Chef's Knife w/ Dimples by LovelyFeyd
- › John Boos Reversible End Grain Maple Chopping Block, 20 by 15 by... by wwatt7262
- › Northern Illinois University Hospitality Administration by JLomb
- › In a While, Crocodile: New Orleans Slow Cooker Recipes by Pete