How do you Asparagus ?
White Asparagus is an oddity from Navarra, The Basque Country on France´s frontier. Perhaps they are one of the largest growers of white asparagus in the Mediterranean. However, white or green, I am a fan of this spring veggie.
Here is a quick Crème that I enjoy ...
2 bunches of fresh white asparagus; can use green if you prefer to
4 packets gelatine
salt 200 Ml. Heavy Crème
10 large prawns or shrimp of choice or Crevettes
black freshly ground pepper
Chive ribbon sliced in bits, Scallions chopped finely and Mint Leaf
1) simmer aspargus until tender in salted water
2) Place the asparagus in a Food Processor or in bowl and electrically blend until smooth
3) heat the gelatine in Micro wave without boiling and add to the asparagus
4) add the crème and blend until well incorporated and then add gelatine and blend until well combined
5) rectify salt and black pepper
6) serve warm in Martini stemware with sautèed shrimp
on the rim with:
scallion and chives sprinkled lightly and a mint leaf in a Pesto, blend and spoon next to the langoustine or shrimp ...
Pesto: chives minced, Evoo, scallion and mint
Happy Holidays. Ciao,