Cooking a Spanish tortilla today for lunch,see below for the recipe!
1 Large white onion or red depending on your preference, sliced thinly
2 Large potatoes (preferably Maris Piper or any good baking potato), cut into roughly 2cm dice.
100ml Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 220C.
2. Pour 85ml of Olive oil into the base of a large roasting tray and place into the oven to heat up.
3. Add the remaining oil into a frying pan and gently fry the onions until translucent, this should take around 5 minutes on a medium heat.
4. Once the oil is hot, add the potatoes to the roasting tray and baste all over with the hot oil, lightly season with fine salt. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes turning the potatoes regularly so that they do not burn.
5. Place the onions into a bowl to cool along with the potatoes for around 10 minutes. Do not discard the oil from the frying pan.
6. Heat the frying pan that you used for the onions on a high heat. Beat the egg's together in a jug or bowl and pour over the potato and onion mixture, season well with salt and pepper and mix well.
7. When the pan is hot pour the egg mixture into the pan and pat down to cover the entire base of the pan so that the Tortilla cooks evenly, lower the heat to medium-low and cook for four minutes or until the eggs have set. Lightly shake the pan to release the Tortilla from the base.
8. Lightly grease a plate with the oil from the roasting tin and place over the frying pan, tip the Tortilla onto the plate and gently slide back into the pan to finish cooking for a further four minutes.
9. Slice the Tortilla into wedges and enjoy.
Edited by ChrisD1 - 4/18/12 at 4:09am