This traditional French dessert recipe, was given to me by my Mom Eva, and it combines the characteristics of a custard, pudding and a cake ... It can also work with strawberries, rasberries, peaches, apples and apricots.
PEAR CLAFOUTIS - 6 servings.
4 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 cup regular milk
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp grated lemon peel
3 large pears, cored, peeled and sliced
1. preheat oven to 325 degrees farenheit
2. generously butter a 9 inch deep dish glass pie plate
3. beat the eggs, the sugar and salt in a medium bowl
4. whisk in flour
5. add milk, butter, vanilla and zest and whisk until smooth
6. arrange pears on bottom of pie plate
7. pour custard over the pears
8. bake until the clafoutis is set in centre and golden on top about 50 - 55 mins.
9. sprinkle powdered sugar over and serve
Have a nice wkend.