Have you ever had the Triple Chocolate Indulgence ? This recipe is one I make often and yields a good amount of cookies. (about 80) Recipe is from Bo.Friberg. If you are worried about the walnuts, then just omit them.
1 pound ( 445 g) sweet dark chocolate
6 ounces (170 g) unsweetened chocolate
3 ounces of butter (85 g) unsalted butter
14 ounces (400 g) granulated sugar
½ teaspoon (3 g) mocha paste or 2 tablespoons (30 ml) coffee reduction
1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
3 ounces (85 g ) cake flour
2 teaspoons (8 g) baking powder
1 teaspoon (5 g) salt
8 ounces (225 g) dark chocolate chips
8 ounces ( 225 g) white chocolate , coarsely chopped
6 ounces (170 g) chopped walnuts
- Chop the dark and unsweetened chocolates into small pieces. Place in a bowl with the butter and melt together over simmering water.
- Whip the eggs and granulated sugar at high speed until light and fluffy. Blend in the mocha paste or coffee reduction and the vanilla. Fold the egg mixture into the melted chocolate.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips, chopped white chocolate, and walnuts. Add to the chocolate and egg mixture and stir just until combined. Refrigerate the dough until it is firm enough to handle.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces, approximately 1 pound 2 ounces (510 g) each. Roll each piece into a rope 16 inches (40 cm) long , using powdered sugar on your work surface to prevent the dough from sticking. Refrigerate the ropes until they are firm.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut each rope into 20 equal pieces. Place the cookies, cut-side down , on sheet pans lined with baking paper or Silpats
- Bake the cookies, double-panned, at 375 F (190 C) for about 10 to 12 minutes.