Hey guys! I am an aspiring baker and I want to get really good at it so one day I can open up my own bakery when I am older. My current project is making macaroons for my sister's birthday. I want to make the French cookie version and I have been researching them from different blogs but I was hoping that y'all could help me out by giving me some tips. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Also any recipes y'all have, I would love to try. Thanks so much!
- itemFreshware 30-Cavity Silicone Macaron Pantagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- itemLekue Macaron Mattagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- itemLes Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Hometagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- topicMacaronstagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- itemMacarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes from the Macaron Cafetagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
Related Forum Threads
- How can I fix the macaroon batter? Last post on 12/2/13 at 2:33am in Pastries & Baking
- I have never even eaten a french macaroon before but.......... Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:49pm in Pastries & Baking
- french macarons sticking to parchment Last post on 5/15/07 at 5:52am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- macaroon help Last post on 11/14/06 at 4:14am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- Pierre Herme's macaroons Last post on 10/24/02 at 4:14am in The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
A very good way to get into Japanese blades since very good bang for the buck. Familiar blade and handle shape. Very good steel, comes with and keeps a good sharp edge ... but if you need to touch...
I picked up the Miyabi 8" chef's (600D) as an upgrade to my Henckels when I found it on sale and was not disappointed. Feels a bit lighter and more agile in the hand compared to the Germans since...
Wüsthof is one of the "big name" Germans for a reason, over 200 years. Their professional tier lines are all solid, and the choice may end up being just personal taste over the exact look/material...
Macarons or is it Macaroons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Macarons are difficult to learn, but easy to make once you have learned it. I make it all the time now w/ success... it can be tricky, but when you know exactly how it is done, guaranteed you will not fail anymore.. I measure my ingredients by cups or ounces not scale. I get the same results every time. Keep praticing. w/ French Macarons, it is better to under mix than over mix. Do you have a recipe already ?
I made this last March... for an auction.. Overview, the important factors are: whipping egg white really stiff; pulsing the Almond flour to finer texture; aged eggwhites and letting it dry after piping so it develops "feet" when baked.. Good luck
Thank you so much for the advice. I made some today, they were strawberry and I think they turned out really well. Thank you so much for sharing that picture, it looked amazing! One question I have now is how did you get them to puff up so much? Did you make the macarons flat when you piped them or did you make them thicker? Thanks again for the advice
- Macarons or is it Macaroons?
- › The Four Pillars of Wine for Beginners 3 minutes ago
- › Buying Advice Japanese Chef Knife 41 minutes ago
- › How do you pronounce gyro? 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › Chocolate 4 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › Chefs mid-life crisis 6 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › Hello hello hello! 7 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › anyone know of any good Commercial Kitchen Rentals in... 8 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Forest cooking videos 10 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › New gyuto 210-240mm range. 10 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Salón de gourmets 16 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower