Hey guys! I am an aspiring baker and I want to get really good at it so one day I can open up my own bakery when I am older. My current project is making macaroons for my sister's birthday. I want to make the French cookie version and I have been researching them from different blogs but I was hoping that y'all could help me out by giving me some tips. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Also any recipes y'all have, I would love to try. Thanks so much!
- itemFreshware 30-Cavity Silicone Macaron Pantagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- itemLekue Macaron Mattagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- itemLes Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Hometagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- topicMacaronstagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- itemMacarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes from the Macaron Cafetagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
Related Forum Threads
- How can I fix the macaroon batter? Last post on 12/2/13 at 2:33am in Pastries & Baking
- I have never even eaten a french macaroon before but.......... Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:49pm in Pastries & Baking
- french macarons sticking to parchment Last post on 5/15/07 at 5:52am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- macaroon help Last post on 11/14/06 at 4:14am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- Pierre Herme's macaroons Last post on 10/24/02 at 4:14am in The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)
The CIA has alot to offer a young chef, but due to the price, i woild only reccomend this school to the most serious of chefs. The cia was once a school that sculpted young monds into chefs, with...
About 10 years ago we purchased three of these cutting boards for the home, a large, medium and small board and they have been excellent. The cutting board is very solid and has a handle which is...
Beautifully finished cutting board. Has a great working surface, great for my counter top cutting board.
When I first started going to le cordon bleu in minneapolis, it was great. i learned so much while i was there. the generals were easy to comprehend, the cooking classes were informative, and we...
Having read other books by Bruce Fife, a certified nutritionist and neuropathic physician, I was eager to read his latest book “The Coconut Miracle Cookbook.” Just so you know, this book was...
Macarons or is it Macaroons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Macarons are difficult to learn, but easy to make once you have learned it. I make it all the time now w/ success... it can be tricky, but when you know exactly how it is done, guaranteed you will not fail anymore.. I measure my ingredients by cups or ounces not scale. I get the same results every time. Keep praticing. w/ French Macarons, it is better to under mix than over mix. Do you have a recipe already ?
I made this last March... for an auction.. Overview, the important factors are: whipping egg white really stiff; pulsing the Almond flour to finer texture; aged eggwhites and letting it dry after piping so it develops "feet" when baked.. Good luck
Thank you so much for the advice. I made some today, they were strawberry and I think they turned out really well. Thank you so much for sharing that picture, it looked amazing! One question I have now is how did you get them to puff up so much? Did you make the macarons flat when you piped them or did you make them thicker? Thanks again for the advice
- Macarons or is it Macaroons?
- › Home Cook starting a Catering Venture - new to Chef Talk! 10 minutes ago
- › HELP! Kenwood KMM770 Chef Major Premier vs KitchenAid Pro Line... 39 minutes ago
- › Best mac and cheese recipe 43 minutes ago
- › A Hiromoto find 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Shelf Life of Fried Pastries? 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Amateur Chef Magazine 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Catering to smaller groups as apposed to larger groups 1 hour, 52 minutes ago
- › Cutting Board Giveaway!!!! 3 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Commercial Kitchen Rental, West Hartford, CT - GF Friendly 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Adcraft Wok Induction Burner 11 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Catskill Craftsmen Super Slab with Finger Grooves by MillionsKnives
- › John Boos 24 by 18 by 2-1/4-Inch Reversible Maple Cutting Board by panini
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by chefmike25
- › Progressive International 17.5" X 11.25" Cutting Board by Nicko
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by mdal2684
- › The Coconut Miracle Cookbook: Over 400 Recipes to Boost Your Health... by Cami
- › Cuisinart CSB-76W SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, White by Nicko
- › By Lucy Waverman The Flavour Principle: Enticing Your Senses with... by Cami
- › Coffee Gives Me Superpowers: An Illustrated Book about the Most... by Jim Berman
- › OXO Good Grips Potato Ricer by eastshores
- › Cutting Board Review Contest
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part IV ...
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part III ...
- › Cutting Bell Peppers: The Elegant Solution
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part II ...
- › The Unsung Heroes of the Kitchen
- › Tea 101: A Beginner's Guide Part I An...
- › Mentoring New Cooks
- › Leaving the Business: The Dark Side
- › Infiltrating The Kitchen!