Hey guys! I am an aspiring baker and I want to get really good at it so one day I can open up my own bakery when I am older. My current project is making macaroons for my sister's birthday. I want to make the French cookie version and I have been researching them from different blogs but I was hoping that y'all could help me out by giving me some tips. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Also any recipes y'all have, I would love to try. Thanks so much!
- itemFreshware 30-Cavity Silicone Macaron Pantagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- itemLekue Macaron Mattagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- itemLes Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Hometagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- topicMacaronstagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
- itemMacarons: Authentic French Cookie Recipes from the Macaron Cafetagged by Nicko, 4/25/15
Related Forum Threads
- How can I fix the macaroon batter? Last post on 12/2/13 at 2:33am in Pastries & Baking
- I have never even eaten a french macaroon before but.......... Last post on 12/17/12 at 4:49pm in Pastries & Baking
- french macarons sticking to parchment Last post on 5/15/07 at 5:52am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- macaroon help Last post on 11/14/06 at 4:14am in Professional Pastry Chefs
- Pierre Herme's macaroons Last post on 10/24/02 at 4:14am in The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)
I personally had great times here and made a lot of friends. But all that aside, LCI stopped the externship part of the program which is truly where students will little to no experience really...
As a graduate in 2012 of Le Cordon Bleu I have nothing but good things to say about the school. Just like any other school it is there for you to gain knowledge and use it as a guide into your...
Let me start this review by saying, I love this piece of equipment. After watching the movie “Burnt” I jumped online and made an impulse buy, the Anova Bluetooth Precision Sous Vide Cooker. For...
As I attended the cooking course I used to work in a small restaurant as sous chef. Even if I loved cooking and I used to do it every day for many persons, I couldn't do it as a job without proper...
If you are like me you have always found the "official" grinder attachment for the Kitchenaid stand mixer to be lacking. It's plastic body and dull cutting blade would often get clogged or smear...
Macarons or is it Macaroons?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Macarons are difficult to learn, but easy to make once you have learned it. I make it all the time now w/ success... it can be tricky, but when you know exactly how it is done, guaranteed you will not fail anymore.. I measure my ingredients by cups or ounces not scale. I get the same results every time. Keep praticing. w/ French Macarons, it is better to under mix than over mix. Do you have a recipe already ?
I made this last March... for an auction.. Overview, the important factors are: whipping egg white really stiff; pulsing the Almond flour to finer texture; aged eggwhites and letting it dry after piping so it develops "feet" when baked.. Good luck
Thank you so much for the advice. I made some today, they were strawberry and I think they turned out really well. Thank you so much for sharing that picture, it looked amazing! One question I have now is how did you get them to puff up so much? Did you make the macarons flat when you piped them or did you make them thicker? Thanks again for the advice
- Macarons or is it Macaroons?
- › Henckels Zwilling Twin Master Vs Victorinox (Forschner) 56 minutes ago
- › Onion and garlic 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Making my wedding cake - advice appreciated! 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › April 2016 Challenge........BACON 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › smoked oysters, READ THIS! 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Big changes for exempt employees? 3 hours ago
- › Help with Re-model cooktop(?) burners. 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Designs for restaurant. 5 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Contract for Teaching at Summer Camp 9 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › flour substitution? 10 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Lincoln Culinary Institute - Culinary Training by PRChef561
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by bbqmsterflorian
- › Anova Sous Vide Immersion Circulator (Black) by theloggg
- › Chef Academy by MartyfromItaly
- › Culinary Cooking School Professional Meat Grinder Food Chopper Fits... by Pete
- › Institute of Culinary Education (New York) by m00chness
- › Mauviel M250 Tin Lined 8pc Copper Cookware by Virgil
- › Kikuichi 9.5" Nickel Sweden Warikomi Damascus Chef's Knife by Virgil
- › Codream® Micro Perforated Stainless Steel Colander 5 Quart with... by MillionsKnives
- › Jende White Ceramic Steel by MillionsKnives
- › Coriander Crusted Pork Chops with Lime Glaze
- › Crab Stuffed Shrimp with Linguine and Ramps
- › Potato and Green Garlic Soup
- › Vegetable Tagine
- › Pork Tenderloin Sandwich
- › Jambalaya
- › Sauerkraut Soup and how to make Kohlrabi...
- › French Toast with Bourbon Peach Sauce
- › Grilled Shrimp Ceviche
- › Making Hot Smoked Salmon