I went to the market today, and I was looking AGAIN for Coconut Ice Cream in a tube and all I could find were the Coconut Creme Popsicles. They're okay, but I miss the ice cream.
I don't own an Ice Cream maker. I'd like to try to make my own pos as well as ice cream.
These are the recipes that I found online. I'm hoping that someone could help me with personal experience.
- 15 oz can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Popsicle Mold
Bring the coconut milk to a slow simmer. Add the sugar and stir occasionally until sugar has melted into the milk. Remove from heat and pour into large measuring cup, and add ice and stir until it is melted and the coconut milk is cooled. Add in the milk, heavy cream and vanilla. Pour the coconut mixture into each mold to reach the top. Place the top on and add the sticks. Freeze for one hour or until solid.
Limber de Coco
1/2 can evaporated milk
1/2 can coconut milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg yolk
Cinammon to taste
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
Mix evaporated milk, coconut milk, sugar, vanilla, egg yolk and cinnamon in a bowl. Add additional sugar and cinnamon to taste.
Pour into popsicle molds.
Coconut Ice Cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Combine the milk and cream of coconut in the container of a food processor or blender, and mix thoroughly. Stir in cream and flaked coconut.
- Pour into the container of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Note: Do not confuse sweetened cream of coconut-used in this recipe-with unsweetened coconut milk or cream. The sweetness in this recipe comes from the cream of coconut.