Gazpacho Served with: Avocado Pesto & Grossini
How do you Gazpacho ?
Do you serve it in Martini stemware or a ceramic of crystal bowl ?
Which types of garnish do you apply ?
If anyone would like to have this classic Spanish tomato gazpacho, please do not hesitate to ask. The Pesto is prepared with avocado guacamole.
** Photo taken at our condo in Puglia on the Adriatic.
Oh, please for the recipe!
I have more farmer's market tomatoes on the counter than I can reasonably eat just sliced up with salt, pepper and olive oil and avocados were on sale at the fruit market this week.
Sincerely appreciate your lovely note.
Here is the Gazpacho Recipe ( 6 servings) :
1.250 kilos of fresh ripe red tomatoes
1 medium size onion chopped finely
1 medium sized cucumber peeled and chopped into cubes
1 small to medium size green bell pepper sliced finely
250 grams of day old Italian or French style Baguette cut into cubes
salt to taste
white wine vinegar or Spanish Jerez Sherry Vinegar to taste
Evoo ( extra virgin olive oil from Spain ) to taste
1. scald the tomatoes in boiling water very very briefly in order to peel the tomatoes and sack the seeds
2. chop finely the other vegetables
3. work in batches mixing the tomatoes and vegetables in a Food Processor or Blender
4. soak the bread cubes in the ice water
5. add the moistened cubes of baguette in the Food Processor and pulse
6. add salt to taste along with Evoo and Vinegar
7. Re-combine in FP or Blender
8. Serve cold in bowls or Martini stemware
If you have an Aztec Molcajete, which is a stone Mortar and Pestle; or in a bowl: Mix ripe Hass Avocados ( chunky style ). Add a small onion, 3 or 4 garlic cloves minced and drizzle with fresh lime and sprinkle fresh cilantro. Combine well ...
Then, place a Tablespoon on top for garnish.
Serve with Grossini bread sticks or Corn Chips ...
Classic Spanish Gazpacho: originated in Málaga approximately around 1630. Here is a more traditional approach which I had prepared at Le Cordon Bleu in the Madrid Capital; the garnish: to the cold tomato soup includes, bread a day old croutons, de-seeded cucumber diced, bell pepper green and red finely diced and scallion finely chopped.