Piedmontese, fondue style appetiser, or snack called Bagna Cauda, this dip prepared in a pot over a candle or burner is a delight.
How do you prepare yours ?
Do you have a Dip you wish to share with us ?
Here is my Grandmom Margherite´s take on the old recipe ...
* 8 servings.
1 cup Evoo
3/4 cup cream
12 garlic cloves thinly sliced or minced
1 two ounce tin or jar of Anchovies in Evoo rinsed and sliced
1/ 2 stick of Butter room temperature
salt and freshly ground black, rose, green and white pepper
2 red bell peppers
2 green peppers
4 celery stalks cut into lengthwise strips
2 heads of Lettuce of choice ( we use Endive and Radicchio leaves )
3 carrots peeled and sliced into lengthwise strips
Cherry tomatoes ripe and red or tomatoes of choice
1. Heat Evoo, 1/4 cup cream and garlic in a heavy saucepan over very low heat until the garlic begins to break apart, stirring fairly often for 25 minutes
2. add the anchovies and cook 2 minutes on slow flame
3. add remaining ingredients with the butter and 1/2 cup cream, simmer and stir until slightly thickened about 8 minutes
4. adjust salt and pepper
5. set up veggies on a platter or wooden board and serve the Bagna Cauda in centre and serve.
6. Suggestion: Dipping Crusty bread and sipping sparkling or still wine of choice or beer of choice, pairing wonderfully ...