Soups play an enormous role in cuisine worldwide. They are commonly prepared with root vegetables, chicken, meat, fish, grains and / or beans.
Which are your favorite homemade body warmers and what do you serve with them ?
* Manhattan Clam Chowder
* Minestra di Campagna ( Naples Minnestrone )
* Nonna´s Pastoral Bread Soup - prepared with a Rind of Reggiano Parmesano
* Pasta Fagioli ( fa zool )
* Cream of Fennel
* French Onion with a Baked Gruyère Topping
* Cream of Leek
* Caldo Gallego ( Galician, Spain: a thick white bean soup with ham, grelos which are indigenious green leaf tops similar to beetroot greens or turnip greens )
* Marmitako ( a Basque tuna, vegetable, chili pepper & tomato soup prepared by the Basque Fishermen for their long fishing expeditions and journies to Newfoundland & Iceland)
* Spanish ham & beef based clear consommé served with a drizzle of Jérez De La Frontera Brandy
Great bread is our fave accompaniment.
Look forward to hearing your suggestions and ideas.
Edited by margcata - 8/28/12 at 1:43am