Easy to prepare, this warm Mushroom salad resides in texture and flavor. The chanterelle type mushrooms are warm, and served aboard a bed of diverse magenta red violet and green lettuce varieties ( your choice ) with celery turnip root, Evoo, Balsamic Vinegar, drizzled lemon and finely sliced shallot.
Which mushroom varieties do you enjoy using ? What do your prepare with them ?
This is one of our fave salads when wild mushrooms are in season.
*** Here is the Recipe and Photo:
Warm Chanterelle Salad ... ( with Cabrillas; Setas Catalanas )
400 grams of Chanterelle Mushrooms or variety of choice ( or: morels, porcini, crimini, oyster or penny bun Eduli Boletus )
1 / 2 celery turnip root grated for garnish
115 Ml. Evoo
20 Ml. Balsamic Modena
Olive Oil to sauté the Chanterelle Mushrooms
drizzle a couple of drops of fresh lemon juice
200 grams of diverse magenta red violet & light and dark green lettuce and field green varieties.
1. peel the celery turnip root and slice in quarters. Place in a bowl of ice water with fresh squeezed lemon juice. Reserve for the garnishing.
2. thoroughly wash the mushrooms selected and slice off some of the stem part and slice in half or thirds or quarters, however you select.
3. then, make the vinaigrette
4. Sauté the shallots first in a bit of Olive Oil or Butter, upon shallots being tender, then do the mushrooms in Olive Oil or Butter or a bit of both until firm yet quite tender with a sprinkle of a little garlic and fresh parsley if you wish, salt and black freshly ground pepper.
5. Drain off the oil from the skillet, do not lose the shallots, and pat dry just a bit the mushrooms.
6. adjust seasoning, salt, freshly ground pepper, parsley minced
7. arrange plate: lettuces washed and free of water; then the shallot drizzled on the bed of lettuces and then place the chanterelles on top with a little grated celery turnip & lemon drizzle and serve with crusty bread, Vinaigrette and a great bottle of wine of choice ...