Which canapés, heroes, sandwiches & subs are your favorites ? Do you have a signature sandwich or hero or canapé or sub ?
Sandwiches, how to define ? The solemn chic of an elegant food item on a slice of Baguette ? Two or more ingredients placed between two slices of bread ? Food items stuffed in a bread pocket or pressed & grilled ?
What about Leftovers from the day before, for example: baked meatloaf or eggplant parmigiana or homemade Terrine ?
Let´s share our faves, here are our´s :
1) Meatball Parmigiana
2) Eggplant Parmigiana
4) Falafel in Pita
5) Miami Cuban Sandwich on Cuban Bread
6) Shrimp Salad with home made ali oli mayonnaise variety
7) Chicken Salad with home made ali oli mayonnaise variety
8) Grilled Cheese made with Herbed Provolone, Proscuitto di Parma or Bacon & Tomato
9) French style Omelette on Baguette with tomato and Chives or Basil or other fresh herbs
10) Calamares on Spanish Baguette with ali oli drizzle
11) Canapé: Iberian acorn fed air dried ham with Evoo drizzle
12) Canapé: Tomato & Anchovies
13) Sun dried tomatoes with Fresh Goat Cheese
14) Iberian: Galician Smoked San Simón Cow Cheese Grilled Cheese with Bacon & Tomatoes
15) Smoked Sable on Crisp Wasa from Sweden
16) Tuna salad sandwich with home made mayonnaise
17) Chicken Cutlet on Hero
18) Charcuterie Subs with sliced Olives, Capers, Arugula, Tomato, drizzle Evoo & Modena
19) Black Olive & Anchovy Tapenade on Canapé slices or with crackers or bread sticks
20) I am a cheese-a-holic, so almost any cheese except orange waxed or orange rinded
21) Paté or Terrine with pickles, olives and capers
22) Meatloaf - leftover from the lunch before
23) Smoked trout flan spread
Have lovely Labor day wkend.
Edited by margcata - 8/31/12 at 2:37am