Photo Courtesy: I prepared on 30th August 2012 for my
2 daughters who are visiting us. I had learnt to prepare this recipe
during The Madrid Culinary Institute Le Cordon Bleu in which I
had taken a course on How to Prepare Savoury Flans & Mousses.
White sparkling Wine; from Prosecco D.O.C. Designation of Origin Veneto, Italia.
Trout Flan with Lemon Butter Spring Onion Salsa For 4 Persons :
4 round molds at 8 cm. diameter x 4 cm. height
fresh parsley to adorn
300 grams of fresh trout without skin and bones
1/4 tsp. salt
a tiny dry red chili pepper or red pepper flakes
1 egg beaten lightly
150 ml. Cream
200 Ml. whole Milk
1) preheat oven to 160 degrees centigrade
2) cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil to fit into the base of the 4 molds
3) Butter the foil in each mold
4) Place the molds in the refrigerator
5) to prepare the Flan; slice the fresh trout in 1 cm. chunks and in a Food Processor, add a pinch of salt and a little dry red chili pepper and 1 egg beaten lightly and combine the ingredients until you have a creamy fine consistency
6) Now add the cream and the milk and combine in Food Processor until you have a "thick batter like consistency"
7) Place the Trout Flan in the Molds taken from the Refrigerator
8) Place the molds filled with flan inside a small cassserole with a cover and the bottom of the casserole should be filled with water and bake in oven 15 to 20 minutes.
The Salsa :
1 shallot finely minced
the juice of 1 lemon
150 grams butter cold and sliced
1 tblsp. and 1 tsp.. finely minced spring onion for garnish and a little for the sauce
1) sauté the shallot in butter and add the lemon juice
and let sauté for 5 mins approx. until there is no liquid.
2) add 1 tblsp. spring onion and sauté a minute or two until tender
3) stir and drizzle on flan and adorn with cold minced spring onion
SERVE WITH : bread sticks or crackers or crusty warm bread of choice and a bottle of Prosecco White Sparkling Wine.
A lovely light lunch.
Edited by margcata - 8/31/12 at 12:26am