A. Let someone else do it!
OK, on a serious note, figure on 8-10 pieces/bites per person over a two hour period, 5-7 the first hour, 3 the second hour. Cheese tray(s) (15 pounds total, 3-4 trays scattered around the room(s), crudites & dip (um, 15 pounds broccoli, carrots, celery, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes, etc., w/dip, say ranch), three passed appetizers like chicken satay, meatballs (Swedish, Italian, whatever flavor fits), Athens mini-filo cups with whatever suits your fancy or matches the theme.
- 15 pounds of cheese @ $7.99 = $120
- 15 pounds crudites @ $2.99 = $45 plus, um $10 ranch dressing
- 160 Chicken satay (always have a little more than the number of people) @ $1.50 = $240
- 160 meatballs @ $0.90 = $144
- 160 mini filo cups @ $1.50 = $240
- Total food = $799, say $800, that leaves $700 in your pocket, assuming that you hire no labor
Personally, my minimum would be closer to $2,250 ($15/person) because I'd use two to three servers as well as one or two in the kitchen.