250 ml Sunolive Oil a mixture of sunflower and olive oil
225 grams Light Muscovado Sugar
3 Free Range Eggs large
225 grams Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
250 grams Carrots coarsley grated
25 grams Unrefined Golden Icing Sugar unrefined golden
250 grams Mascarpone cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ fan 160°C/ gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm(8inch) round tin with baking parchment.
2. Whisk the oil and sugar together, then whisk in the eggs one a time.
3. Gently fold in the flour, followed by the carrots. Mix gently until combined, then turn into the prepared tin.
4. Bake for 40 mins until golden brown and a cocktail stick inserted into the centre comes out clean. method tip
5. Cool in the tin for 10 mins,then turn out and cool on a wire rack.
6. Mix together the mascarpone cheese and the golden icing sugar. Spread over the top and sides of the cake with a palette knife. Finish with pecan halves.