My all-time classics (some of them I have posted here years ago but why not re-post them for those that missed it)
- Ny Strip Steak, no mashed potatoes, sub extra steak (wanted to smack the server that took this order)
- Obligatory split burger cooked to different temperatures with different cheeses and different sides
- Obligatory order for medium-well to well or any other hybrid doneness
- Obligatory order for something to be split 3+ ways
- Obligatory order for salad with every single individual ingredient on the side
- Order for burger with cheese on the side... melted. "So you want me to melt the cheese on a plate?" "Yes"
- Tuna Tartar with well done tuna
- Shrimp Cocktail sent back. The complaint, "It's cold"
- Lamb Chops ordered "Extra Well" done. Sent back to me because it was "overcooked"
- Lamb Chops ordered well done. Sent back to me because each individual chop needed to be charred completely on both sides
- Order for raw steak (meaning taken right out of the cooler and thrown on a plate) with a side of avocado and sliced tomato
- Order for well done burger. Not unusual, but the guest told the server "My doctor told me I can't have any red meat" and was dead serious
- Vegetarian pasta ordered. I asked what kind of vegetables the guest wanted in the pasta and the response was "whatever". Pasta sent back 3 times because the guest wanted a specific veggie (asparagus, mushrooms, etc) added to the pasta each time
- Turkey breast sandwich made with heirloom tomatoes. Guest is infuriated and 100% convinced that I served him a rotten tomato even after the manager explained what an heirloom tomato was.
- Guest orders pasta with side of butter. Complains and throws a total storm because the butter is melted "too much"..
- French Onion Soup, no onions
- Guest orders steak well done. Asks for A-1 sauce and instructs server to apologize to me for "ruining the steak by adding steak sauce to it" *shrug*
- "So your french onion soup is not vegetarian?" "No, it isn't, it is made with beef/veal stock" "THAT IS SO STUPID, WHO DOES THIS??? WHY DO YOU GUYS DO THIS???"
I'm sure I have a few more lying around in the suppressed 9th circle of my mind that I promised myself I would forget. Will post if I can remember them.