New set of carbon steel pans
post #1 of 6
10/22/12 at 3:57pm
post #2 of 6
10/22/12 at 4:54pm
post #3 of 6
10/23/12 at 4:38am
It’s a local brand. Nothing fancy. These pans are rustic but OK. Seasoning:
1. Scrub the hell out of oils and protective lacquers. Use alcohol, solvents and acetone if needed.
2. Clean thoroughly in and out with detergent and boiling water. Use a metal sponge.
3. Put the pan over the biggest stove you have until the steel changes colors and more. Let it there for a while. It must be really hot.
4. Put coarse salt and swirl the pan. Get rid of it. A superstition i believe in.
5. Pour sunflower or canola oil. Stir all around immediately.
6. Get rid of excess oil.
7. Clean with paper towel. Lots of folded paper towel. Don't burn yourself as I did.
8. Clean again with pure cotton cloth.
9. Let the pan cool down.
10. Repeat about 10 times. You can fry the green of spring onions. It helps.
11. Do the same process a couple of times on the handle.
post #4 of 6
10/26/12 at 10:52pm
Fascinating how everyone seem to use a different way to season their pan... I did mine with lard in a hot oven for a couple hours... but thanks for sharing your method in details.
post #5 of 6
10/27/12 at 9:11am