I have been baking the following buttermilk pie for years and it always turned out delightful! In the past year, though, the pie center has been bulging during baking resulting in a delicious, but very ugly pie. Would someone help me remedy this? Here is the recipe:
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter (cooled to lukewarm)
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/8 tablespoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together sugar, flour, and nutmeg; add buttermilk, butter, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well and pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 and bake for approximately 30-40 minutes.