Looking for a fun, challenging, new job following graduation? Come work as the Head Chef at Birch Trail Camp in Minong, Wisconsin!
Under the guidance of the Kitchen Manager, the Head Chef’s goal is to provide nutritious meals, in a timely fashion, to our 300+ campers and staff; co-supervise 8 Kitchen Assistants; and ensure the kitchen facilities are kept in-line with national and state health and safety standards. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Kitchen Manager and other cook or baker when food orders are required;
- Act as a leader and positive role model for campers;
- Be professional in all job tasks by taking the job seriously, showing up on time, and being ready to work;
- Share with camp any special skills and talents that you possess; and
- Report any problems or concerns to an administrative staff member.
Preferred Experience: Applicants should have experience in working in a kitchen as either a chef or sous chef. A Head Chef should be a fun, patient, honest, caring and responsible person. All employees are expected to come to camp with current CPR certification or higher.
Compensation: Birch Trail staff must be available from May 30th - August 10th, 2013. The compensation package is $5,000 and includes room & board, plus a tax-free travel stipend. Additional salary bonuses are available for certain certifications and for additional weeks worked either before or after the camping season.
How to Apply: For more information about Birch Trail please visit www.birchtrail.com. Applications, letters of interest, and/or resumes can emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.