Yes, indeed. Happy birds are great layers. This year I have Delawares. What breed of layer do you have?
Related Forum Threads
- Peeling hard-boiled eggs Last post on 5/16/10 at 8:06pm in Food & Cooking
- How to Make a Perfect Hard Boiled Egg :) Last post on 4/21/10 at 3:01am in Professional Chefs
- how to peel hard boiled eggs Last post on 11/21/10 at 9:50pm in Food & Cooking
- Hard Boiled Eggs Last post on 12/27/08 at 9:46am in Food & Cooking
- Storing Boiled Eggs Last post on 4/27/08 at 7:17pm in Food & Cooking
How to Chop an Onion
Last edited: 1/7/12
- How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For CookingLast edited: 1/10/12
- How To Make Fresh PastaLast edited: 2/28/10
- How To Roast A Chicken And Other Savory FoodsLast edited: 2/16/10
- How To Make Roux Making Sense Of Food Thickeners Part IILast edited: 1/21/16
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
how to slice a hard-boiled egg - Page 2post #31 of 563/18/13 at 10:43ampost #32 of 563/18/13 at 1:23pmpost #33 of 563/18/13 at 3:05pmpost #34 of 563/20/13 at 12:04ampost #35 of 563/20/13 at 8:16ampost #36 of 563/20/13 at 9:55ampost #37 of 563/22/13 at 6:58ampost #38 of 563/22/13 at 7:02ampost #39 of 563/22/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
I have 8 Buff Orpingtons pullets giving me 6 eggs a day, I give them apple and grass and layer feed.........happy gals and one Buff Rooster starting to wink at them as they pass the water troff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I see love in the air.........ChefbillyBpost #40 of 563/22/13 at 8:42pmpost #41 of 563/23/13 at 10:23ampost #42 of 563/23/13 at 11:06ampost #43 of 563/23/13 at 6:56pm
I had an empty lot next to my property, about three acres, in the summer the grass hoppers were plentiful and about 3" long, the birds spent a lot of time over there hunting and consuming lots. And yes to mice too....they were always on patrol for them, had lots of field mice around the pole barn, baby mice went down easily.post #44 of 563/24/13 at 9:08pmpost #45 of 564/4/15 at 2:53pmpost #46 of 564/5/15 at 7:22ampost #47 of 564/6/15 at 6:09am
I think it might be argued that if slicing the yolk leads to a crumbled aftermath perhaps it was boiled on too high a heat? This is my observation... I've had soft glistening yolks that were fully cooked and firm, the crumbling seems to be one of those neurotic imperfections which drives one slowly bonkers over time....post #48 of 564/6/15 at 5:39pmpost #49 of 564/10/15 at 8:59pmpost #50 of 569/15/15 at 4:24amQuote:
Yes the dental floss works wonderfully. If using a knife, what would rubbing oil on the blade accomplish?post #51 of 569/23/15 at 9:38ampost #52 of 5610/14/15 at 12:00pmpost #53 of 5610/14/15 at 12:57pmpost #54 of 5610/14/15 at 1:47pm
I agree. We always had a bunch of them in the Garde Manger kitchen. You can also cut olives, mushroom, mozzarella balls, and strawberries, etc.
I wouldn't use oil for easier slicing with knife or cutter, I would use a little water.FOR YEARS I LIVED TO WORK! NOW I WORK TO LIVE!FOR YEARS I LIVED TO WORK! NOW I WORK TO LIVE!post #55 of 5610/15/15 at 11:17am
Yes give them a good shake..... Is there such a thing as a bad shake?? ... I'm not talking about the bacon vanilla caramel milkshake we think about once and a while ;)
We cook our boiled eggs in a steamer (Rational)
to cut usually use a french knife with a hot water bath nearby to clean between slices
Into an ice bath to cool and then we start appealing!
How many flavours of deviled eggs do others usually make? We usually do 3, goat cheese, avocado, cajun
- how to slice a hard-boiled egg
- How To Prepare Fresh Herbs For Cooking
- › Hungarian Szalonna 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Flour Tortillas are too dense and taste raw / chewy 2 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › How To Make An Amazing Tuna Fish Sandwich? 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Buying First Knives. Looking for Help 3 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Another Chef's knife question :) 5 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › When do you tell the chef..... 6 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › Culinary program in DFW Texas area 6 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Anyone planning a Halloween horror dinner menu? 7 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Pricing coffee service 8 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked