My best friend and I love cooking and we are doing a dinner party for 6 people based on Heston Blumenthal's 'Home' (with a few courses from elsewhere). We need some help with wine matching and possibly the order in which we serve the dishes if it assists with the flow of wine. Can anyone help? If you think that there are any courses that are a no-no, feel free to say!
Here is the menu:
- gin and tonic granita
- Lamb Jelly with Cucumber Salad (amuse)
- Szechuan broth with duck dumplings
- Mushroom Jelly with Mushroom Cream
- Garden Salad with Sauce Gribiche (this has 'edible soil' with black olives - hard to match?)
- Licquorice poached salmon
- Pigeon breast with port wine sour cherry reduction on celeriac puree
- Mint granita with apple juice
- dessert tba (I'll let you know when we figure it out, but I'm more comfortable with dessert wine pairing). Likely to be a pannacotta, possibly basil with something on the side.
- Palet d'or with chocolate, passion fruit ice cream and a surprising fun gelee (don't know what the surprise is - my friend is doing this one!)
- petit fours
Really hope you can all help!
With many thanks,
Two keen London cooks!