I am having a problem with my recipe for beer cheese soup. This was mostly developed by me the problem is that after adding the cheese to the soup it is a little grainy because the cheese is not fully emulsifying. The straining and blending of the soup adds a lot of what seems like unnecessary work. So I was wondering if there were any ways to skip this step even if i needed to add a little of something else like cream or make a cheese sause before to add into the soup. I am doing this for my job so I wanted to be a little educated before I tried the next batch.
3 c Carrots Fine Dice
3 c Onions Fine Dice
3 c Celery Fine Dice
10 ea Garlic Minced or made into a paste
6 c Chicken Stock
4 c Beer
8 c Milk
2/3 c Flour
2/3 c Butter
12 c grated Tillamook Cheddar
2 T Dijon Mustard
1 T worcestershire
tt Mustard powder
tt Smoked Paprika
tt To asco
tt salt and Pepper
1. Sweat Veggies with salt and pepper. Once Soft add Garlic and cook till fragrant
2. Add Liquids and bring up the heat
3. Whisk in the Cheese and add seasonings
4. Strain out veggies and blend soup
5. Make a white Roux and combined with liquids. Bring to a boil
6. Remove heat and add veggies.
7. Serve or cool and serve warmed later.