Greetings! I have been reading many threads and comments on this site, it seems like there are many helpful and well educated/experienced individuals here, which is why I decided to post here to ask for some advice on restaurant kitchen equipment.
My parents opened a Korean bbq restaurant a few years back and we are in the process of opening up our second location. My parents are now much older and I would like them to be able to retire, I am sure as most of you know operating a restaurant is no easy task. Therefore I will be taking over the opening of our second location. To be honest I have very little experience within the kitchen and with kitchen equipment, as I have spent my time operating the front of house. When I speak with most equipment vendors I cant help but get the feeling that they are always trying to pull one over on me. I need your help! I am a 25 year old man looking to open a 6,400sq/ft restaurant for the first time.
Apologize ahead for the amateur or naive questions, but any assistance would be helpful and greatly appreciated.
Any general advice or heads up would also be appreciated!
Questions regarding cooking equipment:
1. For the stock pot range, charbroiler, and hot plate I am shopping between Wolf, Imperial and Jade brands and was wondering if anyone has had any personal experience with these that they could shed some light on?
2. How important is the output BTU? How would I judge how much BTU is required for my style of use and operation?
3. The charbroiler will be mainly used to grill meats such as beef, chicken and pork, do you have any recommendations on what units to use?
4. For floor fryer I am shopping between Pitco and Imperial, if anyone had any experience they could share?
Questions regarding cooling equipment:
1. For reach-in refrigerators I am shopping between True and Hoshizaki, if anyone had any experience they could share?
2. From research I hear some refrigeration coil units may be corroded by the type of food your store in it? Should I try to only stick to stainless steel or copper coil units?
3. I hear that some units may be food graded and some are not, what are the pros and cons?
Questions regarding ice machines:
1. Is a remote condensing unit really worth the extra cost?
Questions regarding stainless steel equipment:
1. What are some good brands for stainless steel equipment, such as work tables, equipment stands, sinks etc. I am planning to use Advance Tabco, if anyone had any experience they could share?
Questions regarding walk-in cooler and freezer:
1. Do you have any recommendations for brands for walk-in cooler and freezers?
General equipment question:
1. Do you think it is important to try to keep all equipment the same brand? As it will help when dealing with repair, warranty and maintenance issues?
Once again I wanted to thank you for your time at least reading this thread and any help would be greatly appreciated! If you are in the area as well dinner is on me!