or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suggestion Please

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 

Hi,

 

I'm practicing for our midterm exam. Can anyone suggest a 1 dishes for Appetizer, Main Course and Dessert, that I can cooked for 3 hrs. including the mise en place. I already have one for each but I'm not satisfied. I hope you can suggest a dishes.

 

 

 

Thanks!!

post #2 of 15

Tell us what you have first.  You leave it open ended so someone might jump in and say oh yeah, sure, I have a great chipped beef and white toast with gravy apetizer.  I'm assuming you don't want that right?

post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post

Tell us what you have first.  You leave it open ended so someone might jump in and say oh yeah, sure, I have a great chipped beef and white toast with gravy apetizer.  I'm assuming you don't want that right?

 

I'm up for that one!

post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuan View Post

Tell us what you have first.  You leave it open ended so someone might jump in and say oh yeah, sure, I have a great chipped beef and white toast with gravy apetizer.  I'm assuming you don't want that right?

 

That reminds me, I have some roof repairs to do this weekend ;-)

 

mjb.

Food nourishes my body.  Cooking nourishes my soul.
Reply
Food nourishes my body.  Cooking nourishes my soul.
Reply
post #5 of 15
Thread Starter 

Ok,sorry for that...here's what I came up. We have 3 hrs. to do all the dishes including the mise en place.


Appetizer : Arugula salad tossed in sherry vinaegrette

Main Course : Salmon Wellington in red wine butter sauce

Dessert : Panna cotta with sour cherries

 

Any comments, suggestion, tips and advice are welcome. 

Thanks...

post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ton822 View Post

Ok,sorry for that...here's what I came up. We have 3 hrs. to do all the dishes including the mise en place.


Appetizer : Arugula salad tossed in sherry vinaegrette

Main Course : Salmon Wellington in red wine butter sauce

Dessert : Panna cotta with sour cherries

 

Any comments, suggestion, tips and advice are welcome. 

Thanks...

 

I would suggest adding some seasonal fruits and vegetables to this.  It's spring on the East Coast, now we are able to get asparagus and artichokes, and berries are right around the corner.

"You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake."

Reply

"You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake."

Reply
post #7 of 15

I agree.  You can add a bit more to the items.   Arugula salad with something something, Salmon Wellington with some kind of vegetable preparation, Panna Cotta with a sauce of some kind?

post #8 of 15

Much as I like them, it's a big "NO" to artichokes for that menu.  They leave something in the mouth which will make the wine/butter sauce taste unpleasantly sweet.  

 

BDL

post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by boar_d_laze View Post

Much as I like them, it's a big "NO" to artichokes for that menu.  They leave something in the mouth which will make the wine/butter sauce taste unpleasantly sweet.  

 

BDL

Especially when Bearnaise is added to the equation....YUCK!!

post #10 of 15
Thread Starter 

Hi,

 

Can you suggest what is the best appetizer for my main dish?
My main dish is Grilled lamb chop with couscous and tapenade butter.

 

 

TIA!

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ton822 View Post

Hi,

Can you suggest what is the best appetizer for my main dish?

My main dish is Grilled lamb chop with couscous and tapenade butter.


TIA!
When in doubt always serve a goat cheese and caramelized onion tart. It goes with everything.

"You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake."

Reply

"You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake."

Reply
post #12 of 15

Ton, I think the ball is in your court.  Try to apply what you've learned & use Seasonal ingredients. I would add pears and/or apples, walnuts & blue or goat cheese to the arugula salad. Many ways to go. For an appetizer/starter, ceviche, chilled soup, verrines, or amuse bouche.


Edited by Cerise - 12/30/13 at 5:53am
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 

Thanks, Cerise...


I'm looking for a Cheese Fritter recipe.

post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 

Hi!!

We have an in house competition in our school. Rules are no repetition of ingredients, cooking methods and colors. We gonna cook 2 portion each dish and we have only 3 hrs. to do it including the mise en place. Here's my dish

Appetizer: Walnut Arugula Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette, Goat Chesse and Port wine glazed onion tart with Cheese Fritters.

Main Course: Grilled Lamb Chops with Cous Cous and Tapenade Butter
Dessert: Green Tea and Vanilla Panna Cotta with Chocolate Sauce

 

 

Any comments, suggestion, tips and advice are welcome. 

TIA!!!

post #15 of 15

Thanks for visiting.  Please start a new thread for each topic you would like to discuss.

"You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake."

Reply

"You are what you eat, so don't be fast, cheap, easy, or fake."

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Food & Cooking