My husband and I need lots of opinions. We need some opinions from fellow professional chefs like us who have lots of experience in the food service business (any and all types of experience). We want to weigh our options on opening a small marketplace style café with emphasis on grab-n-go foods.
We would love input from any of you that have had a business like this, successful or not.
-CIA grads- 20 years ago
- 40 years of experience combined
- strong kitchen manager, catering, cooking, team management skills,
The café site-
- excellent location- Soccer-mom demographic with five schools within a 3 mile radius of the location
- No rent to be paid/ just utilities for the first year
- site has the bare bones but is lacking basic equipment like stove, etc. We have lots of small wares, but would need to outfit everything else.
- café can hold around 38 people
We're ready to hear all sides! This has been a dream of our for a while but we have also been in the business for so long that we are VERY aware of the work, the sacrifice and the rate of failure.
Thank you for your professional inputs!