Hi everyone , I was debating on how to post this but i generaly want the opinion of the comunity . I love to cook and have been partialy trained in a profesional setting. For a number of reasons i've followed different path and can only cook for friends and family who are not very adventurous so I can really let my creativity fly.
So , I have been reading about the underground dinning scene that seems to be growing fast. This started me thinking, why not do exactly that , set up an underground restaruant , with a fixed menu , few times a week. In principal this sounds like a great way to cook for a limited crowd ( 8-10 ) and control the menu, somehting I could never do working at a restaurant. Also sounds like a way to meet new people for both the guests and me. And also make some extra cash as a byproduct.
Ok so everything is nice and rosy , in my head. That is why im reaching out to everyone out here, to ask you some questions that I hope will steer me in the right direction. Here's what I have so far :
1. Would you do this , have people over to your house and cook for them as a way to express your self cooking for a crowd ?
2. Has anyone done this as an amateur / proam , I know a lot of chefs are having popup restaurants but they usually have a follwing , can an every day foodie do this ?
3. Can you make friends with this ? Find other food lovers in the area ?
4. Is there money to be made ? Would you do it if there was money in it ?
5. What am I not seeing , what are the down sides to this ?
I appreaciate any feedback you guys can give me , im really into this idea but i feel im to close to it so im not seeing it objectivly . Thanks in Advance