Borrowed an angle grinder today, bought a diamond masonry blade and cut all the bricks to tie the dome together, and mortared it all in place. It fit so well I didn't need support underneath it. so for all intents, the dome is done. I need to let it cure for two weeks, then I can pour mass quantities of concrete over it, then wait two weeks, then I can start with small fires. This to me seemed like the trickiest part, but once I started fitting the cut bricks in place, I swear, it took 15 minutes to finish. then I spent some time fooling around with the chimney throat and the outer arch. Went to take some pix and my beloved 25 yr old Olympus OM-1 with the f1.4 lens crapped out. I'm bumming. I've won prizes with that camera. I took it to the camera store and they're gonna send it out, but no guarantees it can be fixed, it's so old. We have no shortage of 35mm cameras, but I love that one.