Hello,i am getting mad,i tried 3 times to do agar agar based fondant to cover a cake.. but... my result is a sticky and crumbled result..
I followed this recipe :
- 0.70 oz (20 g) powdered gelatine + ⅕ cup (50 ml) cold water
- 3.3 oz (100 g) fructose + 1½ tbsp (20 ml) water
- 1 tbsp glycerine
- 30.4 oz (900 g) powdered sugar
- Dissolve gelatine in cold water. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Combine fructose with water and heat until it boils, stirring. Let it boil for 30 sec. and remove from heat. Add gelatine and glycerine. Combine.
- Add the mixture to half of the powdered sugar, stir with spoon to combine. Gradually add the rest of the powdered sugar. Turn onto working surface and knead until it comes together.
- Leave on working surface for 30 minutes so that it cools.
- Keep covered in plastic wrap, in an air-tight container on room temperatures. If you don’t use all at once, it might harden, so heat it in microwave for 4 seconds, it will become pliable again. It stores well for 1 month, but it’s best to use in 2-3 days.
But i just used 1/2 ingredients to try.
I replaced the 10 g powdered gelatin with 1 teaspoon of powdered agar agar..... setting it 10 min in 25ml water and then make boil and dissolve with honey...
Where i failed? Should i just put 10g of agar ?