Am I the only one this bothers -- eating at restaurants that don't mind setting a table with old, bent, flimsy, film-coated silverware. At all but high-end restaurants this seems to be normal and acceptable. It makes me gag. At one restaurant recently I asked the waiter for a new place setting... and he looked at me like I was crazy after I told him that it looked dirty. He politely mentioned that it had been sanitized, etc, etc... and promptly brought replacement that wasn't much better. At least he tried. Am I expecting too much to expect silverware that isn't bent, and perhaps shines like it is really clean?
- itemBack of the House: The Secret Life of a Restauranttagged by Nicko, 6/7/15
- itemRestaurant Basics: Why Guests Don't Come Back...and What You Can Do About Ittagged by Nicko, 6/7/15
- itemRestaurant Mantagged by Nicko, 6/7/15
- itemRestaurant Planning, Design, and Construction: A Survival Manual for Owners, Operators, and Developerstagged by Nicko, 6/7/15
- topicRestaurantstagged by Nicko, 6/7/15
Related Forum Threads
- Fanciest Restaurant You Have Ever Been to...? Last post on 2/24/14 at 1:13am in Food & Cooking
- Vienna Austria Restaurant Recommendations Last post on 2/10/14 at 8:53am in Food & Cooking
- What if.....? What would YOU do... Last post on 1/7/14 at 7:33am in Food & Cooking
- Best Restaurants in greece Last post on 1/6/14 at 9:41am in Food & Cooking
- Austin, TX Last post on 1/6/14 at 5:43am in Food & Cooking
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
No - you're not crazy...
... although some dinning companions look at me like i'm crazy when i bring out my folding laguiole and a pair of stainless flat chopsticks and use them instead of what is offered at the table.
Never been called on it however... people just look and choose to ignore.
Works for me.
- Old silverware
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Surprise! I am hoping for help choosing new knives :) 6 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Nakiri vs Kiritsuke $200 or less 6 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › How To Make An Amazing Tuna Fish Sandwich? 7 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Does anyone use a meal delivery service? Plated, Hello Fresh, Blue... 7 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › turkey 9 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Introduction and Need for Help! 10 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Another Chef's knife question :) 10 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Menu / Product Question 13 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › slow cooker vs oven braise vs pressure cooker 13 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Utah Jello Haiku contest 13 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked