or Connect
ChefTalk.com › ChefTalk Cooking Forums › Professional Food Service › Professional Chefs › Commercial kitchen code requirements
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Commercial kitchen code requirements

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 

For each state, county, and city code requirements differ.  

 

How does your restaurant stay on top of any code changes for commercial kitchens in your area?  Curious to know how this type of information is made available to the public and if there are any websites or resources that help making find this information any easier.  

post #2 of 3
We ask the health inspector. If you are running a clean place even with old equipment and dingy floors there is no reason not to. Also having a good working relationship with the inspector and knowing that codes change and checking in with them from time to time leads to fewer surprise inspections into experience. Anyone who calls to ask a question is already in the top 10%. They have the other 90% to worry about.
post #3 of 3

Our local health inspector offers, free of charge, a courtesy inspection and consultation which will highlight problem areas or potential violations.

 

The neat part is, if you address the problems found during the courtesy inspection, the actual inspection becomes a breeze.

 

It is a lot better to do it than face the problems caused by a poor inspection (those generally get publicized).
 

Chef,
Specialties: MasterCook/RecipeFox; Culinary logistics; Personal Chef; Small restaurant owner; Caterer
Reply
Chef,
Specialties: MasterCook/RecipeFox; Culinary logistics; Personal Chef; Small restaurant owner; Caterer
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Professional Chefs
ChefTalk.com › ChefTalk Cooking Forums › Professional Food Service › Professional Chefs › Commercial kitchen code requirements