It's my first post, but I've been reading on here for a while.
Having done a lot of research on here I recently settled on getting a new JCK Carbonext Gyoto (thanks for all the advice threads!).
It arrived today so I thought I'd share my experience to help anyone else who is looking at them.
- I was pleasantly surprised to find it arrived with 3 riverts in the handle (which I much prefer the look of) unlike the 2 rivert photos on their site.
- I was worried about the F&F based on forum comments, but I needn't have been as it's finished very nicely for the price.
- The edge was much sharper and in cleaner condition than I had expected. I was all set to need to sharpen it out of the box, but it's actually much better than the reviews would imply (I didn't go for the extra sharpness option) so I do wonder if they have upped their game on this based on the feedback?
For anyone else in the UK:
- It arrived fast - ordered Monday morning, shipped Tuesday (Japan time), arrived in Thursdays mail.
- It was marked with a low customs value so I didn't get pinged import duty etc. Landed it in the UK for around £90 which is an absolute bargain compared to local UK options.
Thanks again to everyone on the forums who has put up points of view as I did a truck load of research on here before deciding.