- itemCamerons Products Stainless Steel Stovetop Smokertagged by Nicko, 3/1/14
- topicCooking Salmontagged by Nicko, 3/1/14
- itemNordic Ware Oven Essentials Indoor and Outdoor Smokertagged by Nicko, 3/1/14
Related Forum Threads
- What to serve with salmon Last post on 12/22/14 at 12:51pm in Food & Cooking
- Corn! Last post on 7/3/14 at 5:35am in Food & Cooking
- Smokin ribs! Last post on 6/30/14 at 2:06pm in Food & Cooking
- Your Preferred Method of Searing Salmon Last post on 10/20/13 at 10:40pm in Professional Chefs
- Salmon ideas Last post on 8/18/13 at 7:24am in Food & Cooking
Last edited: 1/23/12
- Fish Descriptions Part ILast edited: 2/16/10
- A Salmon PrimerLast edited: 2/16/10
I got mine a little over two years ago as a christmas gift and I still use it every day. An overall solid knife, nothing to write home about, but out of the box it'll cut anything you need it to,...
Almost 2 years ago now, ChefTalk had a random-draw giveaway for one of these cutting boards. What you had to do was to write a review of a cutting board you use. I wrote one, and it was randomly...
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
Advice for smoking salmon on the range top.post #1 of 38/18/13 at 2:58pmThread StarterHey guys. I've got about 7lbs of salmon I need to smoke indoors on the range. I've never done any smoking indoors. My understanding is that I should take a hotel pan, line it with foil, place wood chips on top, place a perforated pan on top of that and seal it up good. About fifteen or twenty minutes at a lowish heat and finish in the oven if necessary. I'd really appreciate some advice or different techniques you've used with good results.. How do you guys smoke fish on the range?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/18/13 at 4:47pmpost #3 of 38/18/13 at 7:09pm
- Advice for smoking salmon on the range top.
- Fish Descriptions Part I
Currently, there are 509 Active Users (4 Members and 505 Guests)
- › Food safety for chicken 45 minutes ago
- › Chefs to Watch and Learn from? 56 minutes ago
- › Shaoxing Rice Wine 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Job advice. Torn between 3 different possibilities. 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › February 2017 Cooking Challenge - Citrus 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Ressurect a Childhood Dish 2 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Capsule for sauce. 2 hours, 28 minutes ago
- › Which do you prefer? 3 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › New, Amatuer, Excited! 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails