- itemCamerons Products Stainless Steel Stovetop Smokertagged by Nicko, 3/1/14
- topicCooking Salmontagged by Nicko, 3/1/14
- itemNordic Ware Oven Essentials Indoor and Outdoor Smokertagged by Nicko, 3/1/14
Related Forum Threads
- What to serve with salmon Last post on 12/22/14 at 12:51pm in Food & Cooking
- Corn! Last post on 7/3/14 at 5:35am in Food & Cooking
- Smokin ribs! Last post on 6/30/14 at 2:06pm in Food & Cooking
- Your Preferred Method of Searing Salmon Last post on 10/20/13 at 10:40pm in Professional Chefs
- Salmon ideas Last post on 8/18/13 at 7:24am in Food & Cooking
Last edited: 1/23/12
- Fish Descriptions Part ILast edited: 2/16/10
- A Salmon PrimerLast edited: 2/16/10
I graduated in '95 and went back this past Thanksgiving w my 9yo daughter. We eat at the French restaurant, Escoffier. It was great! You get what you pay for. The problem is that many of the...
I attended the professional chef course chef at Italian Chef Academy in Rome chef academy course in January 2017 and both chefs and cooking lessons were fantastic. I have just finished my...
A very good way to get into Japanese blades since very good bang for the buck. Familiar blade and handle shape. Very good steel, comes with and keeps a good sharp edge ... but if you need to touch...
I picked up the Miyabi 8" chef's (600D) as an upgrade to my Henckels when I found it on sale and was not disappointed. Feels a bit lighter and more agile in the hand compared to the Germans since...
Wüsthof is one of the "big name" Germans for a reason, over 200 years. Their professional tier lines are all solid, and the choice may end up being just personal taste over the exact look/material...
Advice for smoking salmon on the range top.post #1 of 38/18/13 at 2:58pmThread StarterHey guys. I've got about 7lbs of salmon I need to smoke indoors on the range. I've never done any smoking indoors. My understanding is that I should take a hotel pan, line it with foil, place wood chips on top, place a perforated pan on top of that and seal it up good. About fifteen or twenty minutes at a lowish heat and finish in the oven if necessary. I'd really appreciate some advice or different techniques you've used with good results.. How do you guys smoke fish on the range?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 38/18/13 at 4:47pmpost #3 of 38/18/13 at 7:09pm
- Advice for smoking salmon on the range top.
- Fish Descriptions Part I
Currently, there are 102 Active Users (0 Members and 102 Guests)
- › Whats the perfect way to poach an egg ? 34 minutes ago
- › I'm fired...I think? 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Question to the owners 6 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Large volume salt - storage and cooking 7 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › soft tortilla woes-tooooooo many crackers instead 10 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Pork bits 10 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Topping for a flourless chocolate cake 14 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Sheppards Pie 14 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Ideas for sauce. 17 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Need Help Pls! Italain Meringue Buttercream Bleeds Decorating Color 19 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork