Over the past month, I've tried to do Mayonnaise about 10 times.
Only ONCE did me pouring oil in SLOWLY turn it to thick mayo. From video's and recipes, this is how it should always be.
Please help me find out what's wrong, I've followed soo many different recipes, but I keep ending up with a liquidy mess!
Basically- it NEVER thickens. No matter how slow or little oil I add, it's just a yucky mess!
- My eggs are at room temperature
- I've tried using the yolks only, and with yolk + white
- I've tried a tiny bit of hot water
- I've tried two blenders (one the taller 'juice' one, the other the full blender)
- I've tried canola oil, veg oil, and mixing both
In my recipes I also put: Lemon juice OR vinigar (white wine), mustard powder OR dijon, Salt, sometimes sugar.
This is really taxing. I'm losing patience and confidence with my cooking all because of something as simple as Mayo!
Where could I be going wrong? Please help me out.
Edited by quince - 8/28/13 at 11:38pm