I've been cooking for the attorneys of my department at work since May. It has been very very successful for me. I am a home cook, no training, just crazy skill, handed to me by my old school Puerto Rican Momma. As a result of those lunches, I've been officially hired by the firm to become an official caterer for their business lunches. I'm starting that in early October and began the tax id process. I AM UBER EXCITED to have my dream job, in my regular job! As they say, another door opened.
All of that jazz being said, I am making Chicken Marbella for the first meeting. I need help desperately as I do not know what to serve for sides and salads, dressings, etc. Can someone suggest anything ? See the recipe below and thank you in advance!!!!
- 2 chickens, 2 1/2 lbs each, quartered, bone-in, skin-on
- 1/2 head of garlic, peeled and finely puréed
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes
- 8 large pitted Spanish green olives, cut in half
- 1/4 cup capers with a bit of juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped