post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 

I want to get a diffuser; however, I'm unclear about the appropriate one.  I did a search on ChefTalk and didn't find what I was looking for.  Here's the challenge . . . I have two completely different stove top styles that I cook on . . . one is gas and one is an electric smooth top.  I can get really low temperatures on the electric smooth top . . . but, I'm planning on using a tangine and would like to protect the surface.  On the other hand, I'm not able to get a really low temperature on the gas stove.  


I would like to get a diffuser to use on both, but for different reasons . . . one to protect and one to buffer the heat.  Would a single diffuser work and if so, which one?  Or am I better off getting a diffuser for each stove and if so, which ones?