I LOVE IT!!!
I MUST HAVE!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
A New Flavor Of That Wonderful Canned Meat ... - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You'll need to post your recipe/technique. I tried it once and it wasn't as good as I hoped. I think I missed something that would elevate it.
would you like the fried noodles or rice or both? I just adore them both, that's home to me
@phatch Right on!
I'll find the photos and recipe that I have made up on one of these dang files on my computer and post it as a seperate thread/article/gallery.
okay, @phatch here we are, I found it:
It make me so hungry for both. So tonight I'm making grilled fish and fried rice for dinner tonight.
I found some leftover rice in the deep freeze, perfect! The drier the rice the better. I probably should have said that in the article, I'll amend it.
When I made the spam fried rice, I was thinking the spam cubes would pick up that sear, chew and texture of the fried spam but it didn't It stayed soft. I should probably prefry the spam, then cut it up.
well, I do diced my Spam® first and then toss it in a non-stick pan without any oil on medium high heat and let the chunk-o-goodness crisp to the point of being almost burnt really, that way they retain more of the crisp once dressed with the rest of the gang...either in the fried rice or if I use it in the fried saimin noodles too or eggs or ....
I was just thinking, I guess you could make fried rice with brown calrose rice, I'm just not such a fan of breaking away from how I was taught to make this dish
- A New Flavor Of That Wonderful Canned Meat ...
- › Country Club Banquet Sales 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Another plea for advice on knives 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Prime Rib bones - ideas? 4 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Sharpening stone help 4 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Homemade Mexican corn chips in a small restaurant - Tips! 6 hours, 5 minutes ago
- › 'Blacksmith finish' on Japanese Knives - why? 6 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Cooking time and temp on a pork shoulder? 7 hours ago
- › Wonderful Technique Videos Thread. 7 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Help buying a new chef knife 8 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather