Hi!! I really love italian food: pasta, tomates, basil... I would like to prepare something special for my friend :) Do you know any good recipe for pasta, pizza or sth from Italy?
ChefTalk.com Top Picks
what is sth?
if you can give some idea of just what kind of stuff you like i can give you plenty of recipes, as so many others here can. Are you looking for a real italian-style meal? then you need a first course (pasta or soup), a second course (main dish and vegetable - much more vegetable than meat generally), a fruit course and cheese and/or desert
What sorts of italian dishes do you like?
Hello and welcome! Check out simple, beginner recipes from Gennaro Contaldo here: http://www.youtube.com/user/gennarocontaldo?feature=watch
Soup, salad, good bread, maybe a small spread of a couple of different cheese, cured meats (salumi), pickled vegies. I'd be very happy. Simplicity is very often the core of a great Italian meal.
Some first courses
- Soups: escarole soup, lentil soup over garlic rubbed toasted rustic bread, pasta e ceci, pasta e fagioli, one of many minestroni, black ribollita (beans and black cabbage), zuppa di zucca, zuppa di farro, zuppa di pesce, pesto etc
- pastas:amatriciana, carbonara, pummarola, aglio olio, cauliflower, zucchine, fish sauces, pasta al caprese, etc etc etc
- polenta, gnocchi di ricotta, gnocchi di patate, gnocchi di zucca, gnocchi alla romana (made with cream of wheat)
- meat: pollo ai pepperoni, carne alla pizzaiola, saltimbocca alla romana, involtini, grilled meat, grilled sausage, meatloaf, cotoletta alla milanese
- vegetable: melanzane alla parmigiana, gateau (catto') di patate, caprese salad (tomato and mozzarella)
- sides: broccoletti ripassati, chickory with lemon, ripassato with garlic and hot pepper, string beans with lemon and oil, roast peppers, fried eggplant, fried cauliflower, the list is endless
and so on- these are just the first to come to mind.
what would you lilke to cook
Stop there! NO MY GOODNESS! YUM!
I haven't made that in the longest time, thank you siduri, that will be Sunday Supper...
albeit in the more american style of serving: with a small salad and some good bread, my dearest husband will be VERY happy.
I'll have to remember that one teamfat!
I was inspired by siduri to make my version of steak pizzaiola or carne alla pizzaiola
My sister in law gave me the recipe to begin with and I've made it my own
with anchovy fillets 'melted' in to the tomato sauce,
I also put the sautéed garlic cloves back into the sauce with the seared New York strip steak,
let it bubble away on a low flame until the meat is done to our liking
Served with whole wheat spaghetti, a small green salad and that's Sunday Supper at our table
Lasagne is a family favourite, especially at the weekends. For years now, I have been adding freshly made pesto with some freshly grated nutmeg to the Béchamel sauce which adds another wonderful level to an amazing dish.
Try it sometime if you don't already do this, you might find you add this every time you make lasagne.