I am 25 years old and have finally figured out that I have an intense gift/passion for cooking/cuisine. When I was younger I would catch glimpses of cooking shows and remember then step by step so that when given the ingredients I could recreate the masterpiece I saw. I also am such a foodie haha go figure. My husband and I go to new restaurants all the time where I then recreate the meals just from tasting them. I am currently in traditional college finishing up a degree and then I am going full force with my culinary program! I am so excited. I am looking into going to Arizona Culinary Institute in the next year and then hopefully Ferrandi in Paris. My husband is fully supportive (lucky girl) but I can't seem to find any good information on Paris. Currently I am working full time and make a nice income but I am just not sure how to support myself in Paris for 8-11 months its pretty pricey! I welcome all comments and advice and appreciate you in advance!
- topicCulinary Schooltagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
- brandFerrandi Paristagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
- itemFerrandi Paris - The French School of Culinary Artstagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pastry Schools in France - Share your experience Last post on 1/5/14 at 5:49am in Choosing A Culinary School
- Ferrandi Or Le Cordon Bleu Paris Last post on 8/11/16 at 7:12am in Choosing A Culinary School
- Ferrandi Last post on 2/7/13 at 7:55pm in Choosing A Culinary School
- Which Pastry School to choose?? Last post on 8/4/13 at 9:50am in Choosing A Culinary School
- I want to go to Ferrandi, but? Last post on 1/3/14 at 9:45pm in Choosing A Culinary School
The Secret Guide to Culinary Career
Last edited: 7/1/13
- Passion of a chefLast edited: 8/24/11
- A Day In The Life Of An American Culinary Student BlogLast edited: 8/18/12
- Star Chefs Whats Real And Whats NotLast edited: 2/16/10
- Life After Culinary School And Becoming A ChefLast edited: 2/16/10
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
Excitedpost #1 of 211/27/13 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #2 of 211/27/13 at 7:37pm
Aloha, welcome to Chef Talk.
Have you gone to this group ? http://www.cheftalk.com/groups/show/6/ferrandi-2013
Maybe you can find more info/support about Ferrandi, or take a look at the Culinary Students forums too as well as Culinary School Resources, loads of generous folks here at CT.
Really I'd say that everyone here are terrific!
Please take a moment to review the FAQ and Community Guidelines, if you have any questions in regards to the site itself, you can post those in the Feedback & Suggestion forum.
The Professional forums are read only for folk not employed in the food industries, but super interesting.
I hope to see some of your food photos in the galleries soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Passion of a chef
- › Hi I am looking for advice what professional chefs and cooks tools? 51 minutes ago
- › Very Large Bubbles in Pizza Dough 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › How hard is it to make homemade breads? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › short crust pasty for pies turns hard after baking. 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Need help selecting a new knife 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Considering switch from traditional POS to tablet based system 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › sharpening with lower grit stone only 2 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Books and chefs 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Business idea. 6 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather