I am 25 years old and have finally figured out that I have an intense gift/passion for cooking/cuisine. When I was younger I would catch glimpses of cooking shows and remember then step by step so that when given the ingredients I could recreate the masterpiece I saw. I also am such a foodie haha go figure. My husband and I go to new restaurants all the time where I then recreate the meals just from tasting them. I am currently in traditional college finishing up a degree and then I am going full force with my culinary program! I am so excited. I am looking into going to Arizona Culinary Institute in the next year and then hopefully Ferrandi in Paris. My husband is fully supportive (lucky girl) but I can't seem to find any good information on Paris. Currently I am working full time and make a nice income but I am just not sure how to support myself in Paris for 8-11 months its pretty pricey! I welcome all comments and advice and appreciate you in advance!
- topicCulinary Schooltagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
- brandFerrandi Paristagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
- itemFerrandi Paris - The French School of Culinary Artstagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pastry Schools in France - Share your experience Last post on 1/5/14 at 5:49am in Choosing A Culinary School
- Ferrandi Or Le Cordon Bleu Paris Last post on 8/11/16 at 7:12am in Choosing A Culinary School
- Ferrandi Last post on 2/7/13 at 7:55pm in Choosing A Culinary School
- Which Pastry School to choose?? Last post on 8/4/13 at 9:50am in Choosing A Culinary School
- I want to go to Ferrandi, but? Last post on 1/3/14 at 9:45pm in Choosing A Culinary School
The Secret Guide to Culinary Career
Last edited: 7/1/13
- Passion of a chefLast edited: 8/24/11
- A Day In The Life Of An American Culinary Student BlogLast edited: 8/18/12
- Star Chefs Whats Real And Whats NotLast edited: 2/16/10
- Life After Culinary School And Becoming A ChefLast edited: 2/16/10
I'm heading into my 4th summer with this factory refurbished machine. It has been reliable and does the job it is intended to do very well, though a bit loudly. I use it heavily during the summer...
Overall, since purchasing this knife, I have not been disappointed at all. The highlights, begin with the rounded hilt and blade top, which reduce the stress on the palms and make calluses a...
I've owned this tenderizer for about a year and a half. Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's...
Alton Brown talked about the joys of a 48-blade cutter like this for turning cheap, tough pieces of beef into actually cubed meat -- meat that's perforated to make it tender. So I bought one with...
I have four Microplanes in my knife drawer: two zester/graters, one ribbon grater, and one spice grater. Mine all date back to the "classic series," meaning they have the black plastic handle --...
Excitedpost #1 of 211/27/13 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #2 of 211/27/13 at 7:37pm
Aloha, welcome to Chef Talk.
Have you gone to this group ? http://www.cheftalk.com/groups/show/6/ferrandi-2013
Maybe you can find more info/support about Ferrandi, or take a look at the Culinary Students forums too as well as Culinary School Resources, loads of generous folks here at CT.
Really I'd say that everyone here are terrific!
Please take a moment to review the FAQ and Community Guidelines, if you have any questions in regards to the site itself, you can post those in the Feedback & Suggestion forum.
The Professional forums are read only for folk not employed in the food industries, but super interesting.
I hope to see some of your food photos in the galleries soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Passion of a chef
- › Re-stacking Ovens 59 minutes ago
- › Should Etoufee be sweet? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › What knives do you sharpen the most often? 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Canada or US ?? 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › Red Writing Hood 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › May 2017 Cooking Challenge: Fish! 3 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › Pizza in the Combi Oven? 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › I've come for a visit 9 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 22 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Flat top grill scraper and cleaning method 1 day ago
- › Cuisinart ICE-30BC Pure Indulgence 2-Quart Automatic Frozen Yogurt,... by ChicagoTerry
- › Friedr. Dick 1905 Exclusive Series 10-Inch Chef's Knife by JVKolich
- › Jaccard Supertendermatic 48-Blade Tenderizer by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Loen 48-blade Meat Tenderizer Meat Neddle (White) by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Microplane 46220 Premium Zester/Grater, Turquoise by HeidiCooksSuppe
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by hchaz
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by jordanfood
- › Tojiro-DP Chef's Knife 9.4" (24cm) by captainbligh
- › Miyabi Morimoto Edition 8-Inch Chef Knife by captainbligh
- › Wsthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Cook's Knife by captainbligh
- › Roasted Chinese Pork Belly
- › An Oven Roasted Suckling Pig
- › Some Myths About Beef and Cattle
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise