I am 25 years old and have finally figured out that I have an intense gift/passion for cooking/cuisine. When I was younger I would catch glimpses of cooking shows and remember then step by step so that when given the ingredients I could recreate the masterpiece I saw. I also am such a foodie haha go figure. My husband and I go to new restaurants all the time where I then recreate the meals just from tasting them. I am currently in traditional college finishing up a degree and then I am going full force with my culinary program! I am so excited. I am looking into going to Arizona Culinary Institute in the next year and then hopefully Ferrandi in Paris. My husband is fully supportive (lucky girl) but I can't seem to find any good information on Paris. Currently I am working full time and make a nice income but I am just not sure how to support myself in Paris for 8-11 months its pretty pricey! I welcome all comments and advice and appreciate you in advance!
- topicCulinary Schooltagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
- brandFerrandi Paristagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
- itemFerrandi Paris - The French School of Culinary Artstagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pastry Schools in France - Share your experience Last post on 1/5/14 at 5:49am in Choosing A Culinary School
- Ferrandi Or Le Cordon Bleu Paris Last post on 8/11/16 at 7:12am in Choosing A Culinary School
- Ferrandi Last post on 2/7/13 at 7:55pm in Choosing A Culinary School
- Which Pastry School to choose?? Last post on 8/4/13 at 9:50am in Choosing A Culinary School
- I want to go to Ferrandi, but? Last post on 1/3/14 at 9:45pm in Choosing A Culinary School
The Secret Guide to Culinary Career
Last edited: 7/1/13
- Passion of a chefLast edited: 8/24/11
- A Day In The Life Of An American Culinary Student BlogLast edited: 8/18/12
- Star Chefs Whats Real And Whats NotLast edited: 2/16/10
- Life After Culinary School And Becoming A ChefLast edited: 2/16/10
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
I picked up one of these on sale with the intention of storing until Christmas. But that's a ways off, and I needed to verify it worked in case I needed to return it with in the warranty...
I've been looking for recipes and ideas I can ship off with my daughter to college and this book had a good variant idea on the one-pot meal. But the writing is chatty and cutesy. This doesn't...
Excitedpost #1 of 211/27/13 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #2 of 211/27/13 at 7:37pm
Aloha, welcome to Chef Talk.
Have you gone to this group ? http://www.cheftalk.com/groups/show/6/ferrandi-2013
Maybe you can find more info/support about Ferrandi, or take a look at the Culinary Students forums too as well as Culinary School Resources, loads of generous folks here at CT.
Really I'd say that everyone here are terrific!
Please take a moment to review the FAQ and Community Guidelines, if you have any questions in regards to the site itself, you can post those in the Feedback & Suggestion forum.
The Professional forums are read only for folk not employed in the food industries, but super interesting.
I hope to see some of your food photos in the galleries soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Passion of a chef
- › Indian-style mint chutney 30 minutes ago
- › Fusion Cuisine - A marvelous migration into multicultural menus or... 4 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › When fancy plating fails? 7 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Surprise! I am hoping for help choosing new knives :) 8 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Feet in excruciating pain after 13 hour shift 8 hours, 11 minutes ago
- › rehydrate vanilla beans 9 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › Tadafusa--Gyuto recommendations 11 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Macaroon Disaster 12 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › October 2016 Cooking Challenge: Squash 12 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Hungarian Szalonna 14 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Meat Thermometer - Instant Read LCD Screen Auto Shut-Off with Long... by majorc
- › Le Cordon Bleu USA by freshbaked