I am 25 years old and have finally figured out that I have an intense gift/passion for cooking/cuisine. When I was younger I would catch glimpses of cooking shows and remember then step by step so that when given the ingredients I could recreate the masterpiece I saw. I also am such a foodie haha go figure. My husband and I go to new restaurants all the time where I then recreate the meals just from tasting them. I am currently in traditional college finishing up a degree and then I am going full force with my culinary program! I am so excited. I am looking into going to Arizona Culinary Institute in the next year and then hopefully Ferrandi in Paris. My husband is fully supportive (lucky girl) but I can't seem to find any good information on Paris. Currently I am working full time and make a nice income but I am just not sure how to support myself in Paris for 8-11 months its pretty pricey! I welcome all comments and advice and appreciate you in advance!
- topicCulinary Schooltagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
- brandFerrandi Paristagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
- itemFerrandi Paris - The French School of Culinary Artstagged by Nicko, 3/9/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pastry Schools in France - Share your experience Last post on 1/5/14 at 5:49am in Choosing A Culinary School
- Ferrandi Or Le Cordon Bleu Paris Last post on 8/11/16 at 7:12am in Choosing A Culinary School
- Ferrandi Last post on 2/7/13 at 7:55pm in Choosing A Culinary School
- Which Pastry School to choose?? Last post on 8/4/13 at 9:50am in Choosing A Culinary School
- I want to go to Ferrandi, but? Last post on 1/3/14 at 9:45pm in Choosing A Culinary School
The Secret Guide to Culinary Career
Last edited: 7/1/13
- Passion of a chefLast edited: 8/24/11
- A Day In The Life Of An American Culinary Student BlogLast edited: 8/18/12
- Star Chefs Whats Real And Whats NotLast edited: 2/16/10
- Life After Culinary School And Becoming A ChefLast edited: 2/16/10
I graduated from OCC several years ago, but I still recommend it to my employees and any young aspiring cooks that I meet. It is a community college, so you won't leave this place drowning in debt....
A little bit about me: I grew up in the Hudson Valley about 30 min. away from the CIA. I knew I wanted to go to culinary school since I was in 10th grade and started cooking for my family...
So far im loving this school this is just my first semester so i can't judge to much but coming from my last school henry ford community college schoolcraft community college is so much better the...
The Chefs at The Chef's Academy in Indianapolis, In. Were amazing and knowledgeable. They showed interest with your creativity and looked forward to beating you with their hats when you did some...
Excitedpost #1 of 211/27/13 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #2 of 211/27/13 at 7:37pm
Aloha, welcome to Chef Talk.
Have you gone to this group ? http://www.cheftalk.com/groups/show/6/ferrandi-2013
Maybe you can find more info/support about Ferrandi, or take a look at the Culinary Students forums too as well as Culinary School Resources, loads of generous folks here at CT.
Really I'd say that everyone here are terrific!
Please take a moment to review the FAQ and Community Guidelines, if you have any questions in regards to the site itself, you can post those in the Feedback & Suggestion forum.
The Professional forums are read only for folk not employed in the food industries, but super interesting.
I hope to see some of your food photos in the galleries soon.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Passion of a chef
- › December Cooking Challenge: Custard 29 minutes ago
- › Knife handle 40 minutes ago
- › Do you use a pocket knife in the kitchen? 3 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › BF wants a Shun, but..... 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › D2 tool steel? 4 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Aggresive Expansion a problem? 7 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Surviving life as a Commis 10 hours ago
- › Curing Salt 10 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Gift ideas for a professional chef? 10 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Is it possible to make an extract from beer. 10 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Anova WiFi Sous Vide Precision Cooker, Black by phatch
- › Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off... by phatch
- › Iwatani Gas Cassette Burner Stove by eastshores
- › Italian Chef Academy - Rome by tessy
- › Wine Bottle Cooler Stick - 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Wine Chiller... by majorc
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails
- › Spinach and Arugula Salad with Grapefruit
- › Summer Vegetable Pasta
- › Apple Cranberry Leather
- › Mushroom Risotto