I made fried rice again, and as usual when I make fried rice: it tastes good, but nowhere near the amazing Thai fried rice I can get from Thai-town restaurants. I must be missing some obvious Thai ingredients?
What I made:
- Cooked sligthly salted Jasmine rice in rice cooker, not too much water, cooled off in fridge.
- Sauteed small broccoli florets, diced red bell pepper, green beans and carrots, keeping them crunchy.
- Added a bit more oil and rice, fried until hearing the popping sound.
- Made a hole in the rice, broke two eggs and quickly scrambled them then mixed with fried rice.
- Seasoned the whole dish with soy sauce.
It tasted good, the texture was just right IMO, but the flavor wasn't Thai. Any ideas?
Edited by French Fries - 12/16/13 at 1:10pm