- categoryDutch Ovenstagged by Nicko, 3/8/14
- itemDutch Oven Secretstagged by Nicko, 3/8/14
- itemEmile Henry Flame Top 4.2-Quart Round Oven, Redtagged by Nicko, 3/8/14
- itemKeilen 5 Quart Round Enamel Cast Iron Dutch Oventagged by Nicko, 3/8/14
- itemLe Creuset 8-Quart Oval French Oven, Cherrytagged by Nicko, 3/8/14
- itemUniversal Housewares Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oventagged by Nicko, 3/8/14
Related Forum Threads
- Need Help Learning to Cook with Cast Iron Dutch Oven Last post on 10/27/11 at 9:31am in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Does Le Creuset have better enamel? Last post on 9/28/14 at 12:56pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- Care and cleaning - new enameled cast iron dutch oven Last post on 5/2/13 at 12:18pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- dutch ovens Last post on 5/27/11 at 6:38pm in Cooking Equipment Reviews
- buying a dutch oven Last post on 11/2/12 at 4:36pm in Food & Cooking
Camp Cooking Dutch Oven Cooking
Last edited: 2/16/10
- Seasoning Dutch Ovens Along The WayLast edited: 2/16/10
- Dutch Oven CookingLast edited: 2/16/10
- Cast Iron Dutch Oven BasicsLast edited: 10/27/10
- Dutch Oven 101Last edited: 7/30/14
I got mine a little over two years ago as a christmas gift and I still use it every day. An overall solid knife, nothing to write home about, but out of the box it'll cut anything you need it to,...
Almost 2 years ago now, ChefTalk had a random-draw giveaway for one of these cutting boards. What you had to do was to write a review of a cutting board you use. I wrote one, and it was randomly...
This is a great book written by a very passionate pastry chef. In many ways, a home cook might never need anything more. There are recipes for all seasons and Jacquay covers the details completely....
A basic oil stone for knife maintenance. I use the coarse side for setting initial bevels and repairing blade damage. The coarse side is P150 and is grey I use the fine side to finish the edge....
It was a delight ordering my board from John. he was very helpful discussing the pros and cons of adding feet (I did and I like them.) He was friendly and helpful to all my enquiries, then made...
WS 55% off LC Dutch ovenpost #1 of 512/19/13 at 8:46amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 512/19/13 at 11:01ampost #3 of 512/20/13 at 9:30amThread Starterpost #4 of 512/21/13 at 10:14ampost #5 of 512/22/13 at 11:36pm
Some time ago I purchased a 3.5 quart enameled dutch oven, some unknown brand, from the local supermarket. It was on sale for something like 30 bucks. I'm surprised at how much use it has gotten. Cooking for just my wife and I the size is just about right. And I get the impression it may last longer than I will.
mjb.Food nourishes my body. Cooking nourishes my soul.Food nourishes my body. Cooking nourishes my soul.
- WS 55% off LC Dutch oven
- Seasoning Dutch Ovens Along The Way
- › How to make chicken Stock, both amber and white 19 minutes ago
- › What did you have for dinner? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › February 2017 Cooking Challenge - Citrus 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › How to account/record staff meals for ture food cost 3 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › SMBC turns to soup when I add fruit 4 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › How should I price it 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Help! Champagne frosting 5 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › Honing Japanese Knives 6 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › A skinny cook going for job interviews 8 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Menu Suggestions 9 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Global 8-Inch 20cm Cook's Knife by NikoBleau
- › John Boos Newton Prep Master Maple Wood Reversible Cutting Board... by ChrisLehrer
- › The Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer by OCDshaver
- › Norton 614636855653 IB8 1-by-2-by-8-Inch Fine/Coarse India... by Scott Livesey
- › The Board Smith Maple 2″x12″x18″ by tobe999
- › Orange Coast College Culinary Arts by dumpling
- › Culinary Institute of America - Hyde Park by Mustardpot
- › Kitchen Utensils and Gadgets 17 piece Silicone and Stainless Steel... by rose1
- › Schoolcraft College Culinary Arts Program by chefpeaches
- › Chef Academy by TheCookSaigium
- › Food Safety As Kitchen Culture
- › Cranberry/Orange Parfait with Chocolate Sauce...
- › Vegan Cuisine - It's Not Just Bean Curd...
- › Stuffed Potato Appetizers
- › Caramel Filled Apple Dumplings
- › Chorizo Empanadas with Avocado Cream
- › Crabcake Benedicts with Bacon Hollandaise
- › A "No Turkey" Thanksgiving-Roast Pork
- › Caramelized Cauliflower
- › Holiday Entertaining-Cocktails