Well, if you are an aspiring culinary student who lives in Ontario, then you are lucky enough since there are many culinary schools in your location. Also, the schools that you are talking about: George Brown Collage and Niagara College are definitely the top culinary schools that you can opt for, as both provides good education and learning experience.
Here I can brief you about few important points of these schools:About Niagara College
In Niagara College you will find many programs like full time, part time, international, graduate, bachelors’ degree, co-op programs, online learning and many more. Niagara College is training a team of a dozen student chefs in the hope that they'll win the right to represent Canada in the 2016 Culinary Olympics. The Niagara students and their professors held a mock competition, and also recruit some top chefs to help the students prepare and evaluate their work. Niagara College is a provider of a new Government of Canada initiative project which provides funding incentives to employers hiring recent post-secondary graduates between the ages of 15 and 30.
Main motive of this project is:
- To enhance the employability of recent post-secondary graduates.
- To fill skills and labor gaps, enhance participant employability and ultimately facilitate their integration into the Canadian Labor market.
- To match graduates with available, high-demand occupations related to their respective educational background.
- To assist graduates in gaining experience in various occupations such as: management/supervisory positions, and professional/technical positions.
The funding will provide private sector Ontario businesses with up to a 50% contribution to an intern’s salary up to a maximum of $20,000 total project cost per graduate for a 3-12 month internship.
Let’s talk About George brown College
- It has top teaching professionals who will help you sharpen your practical skills.
- You will get hands on experience with quality services.
- They offer the chance to study abroad and gain international work experience.
- They provide various programs like diploma, degree and apprenticeship, you can choose that fits to your requirement.
- George brown is a big campus with 1,294 Full-Time Employees, 506 faculty, 600 Continuing Education Teachers/Instructors and many others.
In a nutshell, I can say that both the colleges are good. Do some research at your end as well and go for the one that best fits your requirements. Enroll into college in which you actually want to go.
Also, you can check for the other top colleges in Ontario here: http://bit.ly/1cM30CG